Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a (Senior) Engineering Manager to lead our growing AI/ML team in Europe. Our mission is to provide a Customer Engagement Intelligence Platform, which through complete visibility of the customer journey, and constant conversational learning of every interaction, can generate real-time intelligence that can improve the experience of every customer, and provide business insight not just on how the contact center is performing, but how the business and even individual products are performing.
- You are representing an outstanding get-things-done attitude and are able to efficiently prioritize tasks and help the team to achieve outstanding results.
- You are not just a great people manager but a really tech-savvy individual who has experience working in large scale companies across different time zones.
- You are able to build trust, encourage an attitude of proactive responsibility and a sense of ownership towards the tasks and projects at hand.
- You are able to minimize roadblocks and maximize opportunities to keep all members of the teams productive, engaged, and fulfilled in their roles.
- Ideally, you have been a hands-on machine learning engineer yourself at some point in your career.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning or a related technical field.
- Bonus Points: 5+ years of work experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence algorithms. You are able to provide technical guidance in ML experiments and projects.
As an Engineering Manager for AI/ML team, you:
- You will be responsible for guiding agile software development teams and managing projects from the conceptual stages through the development cycle.
- You will ensure that the development process, architecture, and standards are followed.
- You will also be responsible for the team’s delivery schedule, and cost of the project. The focus of this role is more on technical project management with a deep understanding of the ML/AI software stack.
- You will be mentoring the team and helping with their professional development.
- You will have people in Prague and Madrid that you shall visit regularly.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at Paseo de la Castellana, 77 in Madrid. You will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications that has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
In the AI business unit, we are delivering new analytics-based capabilities to our Flex customers all over the world.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.