Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
As a Director of Product Design at Twilio, you’ll be championing a talented and diverse team of product designers in their craft and process. You’ll become part of our UX leadership team, working hand-in-hand with your colleagues in San Francisco, Denver, London to shape the culture of design, research, and product development at Twilio and drive design excellence throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years in user experience
- 4+ years as a people manager, managing a team of 6 or more
- Worked at a SaaS company, specifically on product experiences
- A track record of producing or helping others produce visually appealing and highly usable product experiences
- Worked in a leadership capacity, directly driving UX strategies for people, process, and product
- Integrated customer research and testing into the design process
- Successfully combined a strong design process with agile and product management processes
- Worked with a shared design system serving multiple teams and products
- Experience designing for developer-centric products and APIs
- Enthusiastically help your team hone their craft of product design. Encourage the sharing of new techniques and tools, showcase best of breed experiences in the market, invest in professional development, and provide design feedback that raises the bar of our experiences.
- Be a proud people manager. Identify, hire and engage talented, customer-centric team members. Provide regular, frequent, constructive and direct feedback to help employees excel at their job and craft, navigate their desired career path, and experience the satisfaction of professional growth while at Twilio.
- Be a customer advocate. Coach your team on how to best navigate a rigorous, customer-informed process to identify and prioritize customer problems and rapidly validate solutions. Be a passionate and vocal advocate for the Twilio customer and user through all stages of research, design, development and go-to-market activities.
- Inspire and execute exceptional design. Define and drive a cohesive design vision across the product experience. Establish and execute monthly, quarterly and annual strategies with measurable business results. Educate on design thinking and UX best practices throughout R&D.
In 2019, several User Experience teams at Twilio combined forces into one unified organization. In joining our UX leadership team, you’ll have the opportunity to drive a tremendous impact on our entire organization. Our UX 2020 plan is bold. There will be countless opportunities for you to establish shared standards and processes, educate and mentor, and inspire through vision.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that lives our Twilio Magic values; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
This role will require occasional travel between our offices.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.