Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Site Reliability Engineering Manager to support the growth of our Data Platform team. We provide value primarily to internal Twilio teams so that they can build products for our customers. The SRE team will focus on automation, instrumentation and stability of our platforms aimed at ensuring Twilio products achieve the health and performance our customers deserve. We work heavily with Elasticsearch, Kafka, Kafka Connect, S3, MySQL and other data heavy services. As this is a new team, be prepared to roll up your sleeves while this team is growing.
Twilio is looking for an engineering manager with a demonstrated track record building high functioning teams.
- 3+ years Leading SRE or similar teams, ideally a remote group
- 5+ years SRE, Production or Systems Engineering experience
- Experience with yearly business planning and typical organizational cadences
- SME in scripting and deployment automation (ie. Puppet or Chef)
- SME with Linux in a large scale deployment
- SME with infrastructure and application instrumentation; defining and instrumenting SLOs and SLAs
- Experience with Streaming and Big Data systems such as Kafka, HBase, Elasticsearch
- Experience managing public cloud infrastructure
- Strong communicator fluent in both written and verbal English
- BS in CS, EE, CE, or related industry experience
As an SRE Manager, you will:
- Lead a team of engineers who are responsible for driving down the operational load of our services
- Engage with scrum teams that need support and provide insights on prioritizing what to fix and why.
- Partner with the development teams to get reliability changes scheduled into sprints
- Champion Instrumentation, automation and general best practices across the organization
- Partner with Twilio’s product engineering teams to identify and instrument SLOs, and ultimately meet or exceed SLAs for Twilio customers
- Travel required 10% of the time (if applicable)
Twilio’s Data Platform team processes billions of records per day and handles data at the petabyte scale . We provide platforms for internal teams to accelerate development and deliver products quickly. We also provide voice and message APIs and support for our external partners and enable innovative customer applications.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.