Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for an exceptional disaster recovery professional. You’ll be tasked with maintaining and expanding the scope, priorities and plans for the DR program, which includes physical assets, colocation data centers, and our corporate and production cloud environments. You should have experience with disaster recovery plan documentation, as well as disaster recovery and chaos testing. Customers comprise a mix of internal teams, auditors, and Twilio's amazing client base. You will need to ensure DR is effective in a high availability environment and will need to work across different teams to build a meaningful and sustainable program. This role reports to the Manager of BC/DR.
You should have experience in the following:
- Demonstrated track record of building disaster recovery plans and conducting failure/chaos tests in on-premise data centers and in a high-availability cloud environment
- Experience working in a DevOps environment and an understanding of agile software development
- Hands on experience leading teams through complex engineering problems and technical recovery tests
- Demonstrated success managing through influence across multiple groups and engineering disciplines
- Able to prepare test result documentation for organization senior leaders and drive continual improvement on recovery solutions by integrating with product roadmaps
- Experience conducting third party due diligence reviews of disaster recovery controls
As the Senior Program Manager, Disaster Recovery, you can expect to fill your days by:
- Expanding the scope of the current program to cover all corporate and production systems
- Engaging with business and technology leaders across the organization to understand their changing requirements and how best to integrate DR requirements with product road maps
- Working closely with Twilio resilience engineers to scope and gather system resilience information
- Working with external auditors concerning disaster recovery program design, scope, and validation
- Working closely with engineering teams to validate their recovery solutions
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Robust testing and communicating the results to our customers demonstrates our commitment to resilient products and builds further customer trust in Twilio. That’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.