Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Learning & Development Manager to be a key leader in the evaluation and execution of learning opportunities for Twilio globally. Reporting to the Head of Talent Management, this position is a critical and will support Twilio’s continued growth and success.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record designing and conducting modern, blended training and development programs to improve individual and organizational performance. We seek someone with:
- 7+ years in corporate learning and development, people program management, and/or related experience
- Experience in instructional design and facilitation required
- Experience driving Manager Effectiveness and/or Diversity and Inclusion initiatives preferred
- Intellectual curiosity, a deep growth mindset, and the desire to constantly improve
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with LMS, Learning Experience Platforms and HRIS
- High degree of fluency in GSuite - slides, docs, and sheets
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree in relevant field a plus
As Learning & Development Manager, you will:
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to design new, impactful courses that meet overall employee development needs and organizational priorities
- Help to define and execute on a global L&D strategy including setting objectives, creating learning paths, measuring impact, and building special programs
- Manage all aspects of the core learning programs and platform by working with both internal and external partners, managing the budget, facilitating contracts and POs, scheduling courses, managing enrollment, tracking payment, and owning all other logistics
- Event-manage the courses and events themselves, infusing quality and care into every element of the programs
- Design metrics and measurement tools used for evaluating and reporting program impact
- Serve as the primary “face” of L&D, answering employee questions, marketing the programs internally, and ensuring their overall success
- Keep up with the latest modes of training design and delivery (in-person and virtual) to optimize training effectiveness, training costs, and/or environmental impacts.
- Travel required 25% of the time
Key Year 1 Projects to Include:
- Design strategy and content for the roll out of a core learning curriculum anchored to our refreshed values (i.e., the Twilio Magic)
- Source and implement enterprise-wide learning platform and online content, including requirements gathering, sourcing vendors, system implementation, and roll out plan.
The Talent Management team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and the broader people team to ensure that we have the leadership strength and a healthy, vibrant culture, ultimately enabling every Twilion to do great work and build a phenomenal career. We lead all aspects of the employee lifecycle including onboarding, evaluating, and developing our people and have a significant impact on the overall direction and success of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Our Denver office is located at 1801 California Street, Suite 500. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, monthly All Hands and more. You will also experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.