Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for an experienced leader for our world class Customer Success team. This team is instrumental in ensuring our customers are optimizing their Twilio use cases in the fast growing cloud market. Customer Success Managers build trusted relationships with customers that ensure successful launches, increase satisfaction, and ultimately drive revenue retention and growth.
You are passionate about the success and experience of customers and know that the only way to achieve this is by developing and coaching a strong team. You treat your team the same way you want them to treat our customers. You thrive in a customer centric environment.
We seek leaders who naturally demonstrate our values, who enjoy challenging problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and are not beholden to one playbook.
- 10+ Years in a customer facing leadership role
- Experience at the VP level leading global teams of scale focused on post-sales success and product enablement for customers.
- 3+ years experience with a SaaS or other recurring revenue/service business model; experience with a digital communications solution provider such as SMS, email, telecomm, video (preferred)
- Strong history of mentorship; you’ve left a legacy of successful and motivated teams.
- A servant-leader approach to management; you care about your team and their success both as a group and as individuals.
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical and process-oriented mindset. You take a data-based approach to decision making and assessment.
- A passion for Customer Engagement and service mentality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Proven record of creating and maintaining business partnerships and relationships
- Hands on. Passionate. Curious. Persistent. Creative. Fun to work with. Gets things done. High personal productivity; you are a “Do-er” first.
Your will lead and scale a best-in-class global Customer Success team and guide them in delivering product and account support to Twilio customers across a multitude of channels and use cases. Improving customer satisfaction and the success of our customers is what drives you on a daily basis. You will relentlessly pursue opportunities for improvement and implement betterments, collaborating closely with other customer facing groups and internal stakeholders.
You bring with you a wealth of industry knowledge in your field and the ability to adapt learned best practices to the truly unique environment we have at Twilio. Your mission quite simply is to build a Success organization that is the best in the industry and sets Twilio apart from the rest in our service delivery, as well as our products.
- Support the organization in the on-boarding and launch of new customers and use cases, accelerating time to revenue for the customer and Twilio
- Accountable for retaining and growing the revenue for existing Twilio customers. Partner with sales leadership to build strong processes and engagement frameworks that will ultimately grow Twilio revenue while providing an ideal customer experience.
- Attract and retain high-potential Customer Success leaders globally.
- Achieve operational excellence by continuous measurement and communication of metrics to the team and leadership.
- Standardize CSM customer engagement and measure its impact at each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of operations and cross functional collaboration with other internal stakeholders.
Retaining and growing the existing customer base is critical for Twilio’s long-term success. The Customer Success team creates strategic, lasting relationships with our most important clients from the successful onboarding and launch of new customers to the identification of new use cases within existing customers, and ongoing strategic account management that maximizes each customer’s Twilio experience. We only succeed when our customers succeed. The Customer Success team is instrumental in building our customer base and helping businesses improve how they interact with their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.