Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an HR Business Partner to lead the talent strategy for our Marketing function. In this role, you will align business objectives with people strategies, programs, processes and tactics across the applicable functions and geographies. You will coach and partner with employees at all levels, ensuring an exceptional experience through the entire employee lifecycle. You will be an integral part of a growing HRBP team, reporting to the Sr. Director, HRBP (Go-To-Market) and partnering closely with regional and functional HRBPs and with COEs across the People team.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of driving business-driven talent strategy, programs and processes. We seek someone with:
- 7yrs+ as an HRBP or related discipline in a high-growth environment, preferably in SaaS or related software industry
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including organizational design, workforce planning, employee relations, performance management, talent development, compensation, diversity and inclusion, and federal, state, and local employment laws (global employment law knowledge is a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and coaching skills with a proven ability to develop trusting relationships and influence at all levels within the organization to achieve business results
- A hunger for learning and problem solving with a mindset that opportunities to do so are greater in a complex, ambiguous, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to operate independently, but a preference to succeed collectively with intelligent people who challenge you to do your best work
- BA/BS in business administration, psychology or other related discipline
As HR Business Partner aligned with our Marketing functions, you will:
- Work closely with your business leaders to understand (and eventually contribute to) each team’s current state and desired future state, gaps and priorities needed to achieve business goals
- Provide thought leadership and coaching at all levels regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution. This will include the following areas: talent strategy, organizational design, workforce planning, career development, performance acceleration, employee engagement and experience, employee relations, compensation and rewards, talent development, recognition, and other people related topics
- Serve as a change agent, informed by trending and anticipated people analytics, intimate expertise about your internal customers’ needs and external market intelligence
- Be a champion of Twilio’s culture, values and employee experience by identifying and executing on people programs that empower Twilions to innovate, scale, and grow
- Partner with your business leaders and across the People team to build cohesive people programs to staff, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain Twilions
- Light travel may be required
This is the time to join Twilio as an HRBP. Twilio’s repeated and growing success presents massive near and long-term business opportunity, directly feeding our retentive culture and investments in our people. Our leaders understand the value of HRBPs, giving you a reserved seat at the table with the ability to make immediate impact. We’re adding resources to a previously lean HRBP and People team providing you the opportunity to help shape our practices and norms and influence policies, workflows, initiatives and priorities org-wide. We’re building out our People COEs enabling HRBPs to strike the right balance between strategy and tactics. There is no shortage of opportunity to make an impact whether you’re motivated by building from scratch and/or iterating to scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in either Denver or Atlanta. You will enjoy our incredible perks tailored to each office. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can “draw the owl” and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.