Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and we’re looking for a Senior Product Counsel to be a key component of our growing US legal team. You will be responsible for partnering with our global product and engineering teams to guide development of our products and services to meet our strategic objectives while complying with applicable laws and regulations across various industries and markets, but with particular focus on the healthcare market. You will partner closely with product management, engineering, business development, marketing, compliance and operations teams as we work to ensure our products and services maintain compliance with applicable regulations in existing markets and also guide our teams as we expand our offerings to support new market verticals, including in heavily regulated markets such as healthcare and FinTech. You will provide legal advice and counsel on a variety of product compliance matters, and will also be involved in structuring, negotiating and advising on various transactions with business partners and customers in regulated markets.
The ideal candidate has experience advising product and engineering teams developing products and services for the U.S. healthcare market but is eager to roll up his/her sleeves to learn about regulatory frameworks in other markets and industries. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who is solutions-oriented, not afraid to dive deep into products and underlying technologies, and prides him/herself on offering practical advice in a manner that is understandable by non-lawyers. This job is for you if you love to learn, enjoy working in cross-functional teams, and are excited to be involved in building new products and services.
- An attorney, licensed to practice law and in good standing with your local bar.
- 8- years of legal experience, at least three of which should involve counseling product and engineering teams in an in-house environment. A mixture of law firm and in-house experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience counseling product teams on compliance with regulatory frameworks applicable to the U.S. healthcare industry (in accordance with HIPAA) is a must. Experience counseling product teams on compliance with regulations in other industries and markets, such as FinTech and government, is also highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, effective communication skills, quick learner, and a strong sense of initiative.
- Experience negotiating contracts with customers and vendors in regulated industries, including experience negotiating Business Associates Agreements.
- Experience conducting data protection impact assessments or privacy impact assessments and managing data breach situations and/or notifications.
- A certification such as CIPP/US, CIPP/E, or CIPP/A is a plus.
As Senior Product Counsel, you will:
- Work with product and engineering teams to ensure our products and services comply with existing applicable regulations
- Guide product and business development teams on new compliance requirements as they build products and service offerings for new markets and new industries.
- Support the commercial transactions legal team in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating legal agreements with customers, vendors, and business partners as they relate to regulatory obligations.
- Support the sales and product team in working with customers seeking to build solutions on Twilio’s platform that comply with applicable regulatory frameworks.
- Support the privacy team in identifying privacy risks and in conducting data protection and/or privacy impact assessments.
- Assist in audits and responding to regulatory inquiries.
- Review marketing materials in relation to our product and service offerings to regulated industries.
- Monitor and analyze developments in regulations applicable to our product and service offerings and advise internal teams as necessary.
- Synthesize input from outside counsel, your own research, and feedback from internal stakeholders to provide practical guidance applicable to product teams.
Twilio’s legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical and sound legal advice. Your unique skill set and experience are critical to help support our thriving and growing business and reinforce the trust and partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Our SF office is located at 101 Spear Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.