Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Senior Corporate Paralegal to join our legal team. This role will assist with all aspects of international subsidiary management and will report to the Deputy General Counsel.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Corporate Paralegal interested in growing their career, tackling a wide variety of legal issues, and developing new skills.
- BS or BA degree or paralegal certification with a minimum of 7+ years of relevant legal experience, ideally at both a major law firm and in-house with a multinational company.
- Must have experience with corporate governance, compliance and legal entity management.
- California Notary Public qualification strongly preferred.
- Must have experience in entity management, corporate governance, maintenance of books and records, and supporting complex transactions.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and an ability to work independently are musts.
- The ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive environment.
- Must be able to take the initiative and quickly understand and grasp Twilio’s business.
- Experience at or working with tech companies is preferable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Gmail, Slack and Google Docs.
- A sense of humor and an ability to build relationships across the company.
As a Senior Corporate Paralegal, you will:
- Project manage all international subsidiaries, including entity formations and dissolutions, board meetings, tracking of annual reports, approvals of financials, and any other corporate governance needs related to international subsidiaries.
- Maintain subsidiary corporate minute books.
- Prepare, coordinate and track powers of attorney.
- Assist with, obtain and distribute notarizations, apostilles, legalized documents, certified copies, corporate filings and other corporate documents as needed.
- Draft worldwide corporate structure charts and global subsidiary lists.
- Manage and provide oversight and support in the records and data integrity of all information pertaining to international subsidiaries.
- Support finance and legal departments with various transactions involving international subsidiaries.
- Coordinate executive and subsidiary director signatures on a variety of corporate documents.
This is a great opportunity for a paralegal looking to move in-house or grow their career with the leader in cloud communications. You will work closely with our Deputy General Counsel, as well as our corporate legal team, including lawyers and paralegals who handle mergers & acquisitions, stock equity and other corporate matters. If you’re curious and want exposure to a wide variety of issues, then this is the role for you.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Our SF office is located at 101 Spear Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.