Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Project Manager to guide IT office build/ infrastructure initiatives to help Twilio grow. You will be working alongside IT and cross-functional team managers to deftly identify dependencies and risks, resolve blockers, communicate status to all levels of the business and champion Twilio’s project management best practices. Reporting to the manager of the Technical Services Project Management Office (PMO), this position is critical and will support Twilio’s global growth efforts.
Twilio is looking for a project manager professional with a demonstrated track record of managing AV, network, & operational milestones of global office build outs from start to finish.
- 5+ years project management experience, including 2+ years with IT office build projects
- Experienced communicator and able to collaborate with diverse sets of technical, non-technical, on-site, and remote people
- Technical experience and expertise sufficient to understand higher-level technical problems being solved
- Experience in spotting blockers and dependency problems in advance of impact and moving solutions for these blockers forward
- Motivated to do or achieve something because of your own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from your own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that you’re involved in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree is a plus
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Be the point of contact for the office build projects
- Coordinate with any external project management resources used at each office build out site
- Work with domestic and international remote teams in different time zones across the globe
- Proactively identify and clearly communicate messages and updates regarding blockers, dependencies, risks, and current status to all stakeholders for IT projects, including escalating through levels of management when necessary
- Define scope with input from IT team members from the procurement, network operations, systems operations, helpdesk, & AV teams
- Discern and identify hidden requirements that will impact risk or dependencies during planning, design, and implementation
- Determine what resources we can leverage at each site to complete the work
- Determine Day 1 location readiness
- Manage remediation efforts (i.e. AV or network issues that may arise)
- Travel to San Francisco once per quarter. Potential international travel
The Twilio Technical Services organization is on a mission to hire the very best employees and to create exceptional employee experiences. We are actively scaling for current and future growth and believe that we can add value to Twilio through our collaboration with other departments and teams. We realize that new ideas have to come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours. You will have an incredible impact on how we achieve our goals of sustained excellence and scalability, and your role is integral into growing Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in improving its processes and systems for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.