Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for an experienced engineering leader who will manage and grow a development team focused on providing the key pricing abstractions that power Twilio’s business. This team owns, builds, and operates the services that support all of Twilio’s pricing and sales strategies.
- You are very comfortable influencing the technical direction of the team, and even able to roll up your sleeves and write a few lines of code or perform a code review. Yes hands on coding is key requirement for this job.
- You have a track record of building and managing highly effective engineering teams.
- You are passionate about operational excellence and have the know-how to build an engineering team that delivers it.
- You are familiar with agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation.
- You thrive on distilling complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans.
- You are passionate about ensuring the individual growth of each member of your team.
- You represent your customers’ perspectives. You plan for how they will be impacted by the services you build, and you always work to enable their success.
- You strongly believe that evolving a platform requires deep collaboration across functional engineering and product teams.
- You believe in building a culture of learning and knowledge sharing across all teams.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Lead and grow a team of passionate engineers at our Bangalore office. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve predictable, sustained high velocity.
- Help engineers grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring to assist them in maximizing their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, goal setting, performance evaluations, and collaboration with engineers on career objectives.
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to your stakeholders. Maintain a rotating on-call incident response and escalation process.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Tech Leads, and Architects to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities, and the status of those priorities are clearly communicated.
- Represent your team’s operational maturity to Twilio’s technology executives and to teams across the company.
- Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
The Pricing Platform is the keystone of Twilio’s billing platform. The services developed and owned by this team are what enables Twilio product owners to price and sell their features and services the way they imagined. Your work in leading the team to build flexible pricing abstractions and primitives will allow Twilio to continue to experiment and evolve the way we sell and increase our revenue growth. In this role, you'll work with individuals from Sales, Finance, Product, and Engineering to ensure the end to end success of the sale of new and existing products.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.