Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an exceptional and passionate Manager to join our Business Operations function. We serve as the strategy + analytics + operational glue that partners with Twilio senior leadership and business leaders to accelerate Twilio’s growth. We are looking for strong business generalists who can run rings around tough business problems, wield excellent analytical skills and build trust-based relationships as second nature.
The ideal candidate has 4yrs+ of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, or technology company.
As part of this team, you are at the forefront of helping Twilio drive fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges, and enable growth and innovation. You are:
- A natural problem-solver and strategic thinker. You are comfortable with ambiguity and 80/20 thinking to quickly tease through complexity and bring structure to chaos. You effectively identify and articulate implications up and downstream, taking action or escalating as appropriate.
- You communicate effectively and provide clear materials and so-whats, with actionable synthesis and recommendations. You have strong listening skills and you naturally codify and write things down. You deliver pithy, well organized artifacts (presentations, emails, etc) to drive fact-based decision making.
- Analytically precise. You are able to perform and deliver large-scale, consistently trustable, precise and actionable quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Highly collaborative, and partner-oriented professionally. Your team-first attitude enables you to easily and effectively work with multiple cross-functional teams. You establish enduring, trust-based relationships with key business partners and stakeholders. You love helping others drive successful business outcomes in their areas of responsibility
- Partner with and support business owners across functions, to work on top priority strategic projects – from new growth initiatives and business models, to competitive intelligence, to investment priorities.
- Deeply understand the business health and key performance metrics for the Twilio business that you support
- Deep dive regularly into metrics to identify root cause issues and opportunities and follow through with action-oriented insights
- Evaluate new market opportunities, analyze risks and implementation challenges and synthesize findings and insights
- Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans and project/program managing as needed
- Efficiently and effectively communicate findings / progress to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and broader Twilio organization
Given the incredible exposure of the Business Operations team across Twilio, we expect you will enjoy the diversity of fun and complex challenges you take on.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in any of our beautiful offices in San Francisco, Redwood City, London or Denver. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values (the Twilio Magic).
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.