Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Head of Global Delivery Excellence to ensure that the Professional Services provided to Twilio’s customers are delivered using processes and tools that lead to greater customer success, employee satisfaction and corporate profitability. They will establish an approach designed to ensure consistently high service performance, monitor consultants, and evaluate customer feedback to develop and operationalize quality improvement processes.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of leading an organization’s Delivery Excellence initiatives.
- 10+ years of professional services consulting experience
- Extensive experience with Agile Development and DevOps delivery methodologies and tools
- Experience in various capacities within a Professional Services organization including: Leadership, Project delivery, Operations, Customer Experience and Client Engagement
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with and manage global, cross-functional, and virtual teams
- A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect; superior conceptual thinking as well as analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, geared to communications with C-level executives
- Proven record of creating and maintaining business partnerships and relationships
- Strong decision making, judgment and analytical skills
- Results oriented business leader
The sphere of influence of the role is categorized into three areas: Service Delivery planning, Service Delivery execution and Reporting / Governance
Service Delivery planning:
- Contributor to the design and continual improvement of the pre-sales estimation process
- Provides effective governance on sales proposals and Statements of Work to ensure delivery risks are mitigated and project profitability is optimized
- Develops, manages or refines delivery processes (Methodology) to increase efficiencies and ensure all customers and clients receive a predictable experience
- Definition and ongoing evolution of the processes and measurements for SI delivered projects
- Provide the tools (training, collateral, etc.) to ensure that both Twilio and SI partners understand and are enabled to deliver projects as defined by the Methodology
Service Delivery execution:
- Provides input into functional, technical or process leadership and oversees other employees involved in Twilio’s delivery process
- Acts as a resource for Regional Services Leaders when issues arise within projects and works to mitigate any dispute or conflict
- Constantly assesses customer feedback, best practices and lessons learned to make necessary process improvements for both Twilio and SI delivered projects
Reporting / Governance:
- Develop and/or refine Global Delivery KPIs (e.g. sold vs delivered profit margin variance, financial forecast accuracy, customer satisfaction)
- Reports internally within Twilio on project portfolio performance (services delivery, progress, KPIs, etc.) for both Twilio and SI delivered projects
- Provides general resource oversight involved in the delivery process, even though she/he may not be their direct manager. Ultimately, the Sr. Director of Delivery Excellence holds all project resources accountable for carrying out the defined processes and tasks.
Service Delivery will be central to Twilio's continued revenue growth. This role is responsible for the organization, administration, and supervision of the people, processes, and technologies, which, when combined into a comprehensive plan, provides the business and technical functions needed to successfully deliver compelling employee and customer experiences.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 3280 Peachtree Road NE (Buckhead Region) in Atlanta or remote. While working in our newest office, you’ll enjoy fully stocked snacks and drinks. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.