Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer skilled at building rich, high fidelity front-end web applications that customers love to use! As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be part of the AI (Artificial Intelligence) business unit that works on products that use data science, machine learning and natural language processing under the hood to provide insights and automation to our Flex customers. Twilio Flex allows businesses to programmatically customize every element of their contact centre experience – from the core infrastructure to the user interfaces.
We have a great team of engineers in our Prague office and are excited to expand!
- You bring experience with build patterns common to web technology stacks, you love shipping amazing products and you sweat the little things around user experience.
- You communicate well in person, on paper, and in code. You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- You are product-focused, taking pride and ownership of beautiful user interfaces that are used by customers around the world.
- You a self-driven individual that will, in cooperation with others, propose solutions to problems with an attitude to get things done.
- You shall enjoy talking to customers using your product who can give you feedback and from whom you can learn what to improve.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Own and create intuitive, fluent and responsive user interfaces. Build fast-rendering reusable and extendable front-end components using React.
- Build individual components as well as entire web applications.
- Support multiple different user experiences powering the agent, supervisor, analytics experiences and components embedded on customer websites.
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers.
- Manage your work through the use of Github, Jira, and our build/deploy systems.
- Aid in the testing of our code and the delivery of what we create to production
- Build relationships with key engineers in your focus area.
- Enjoy getting the MVP out the door, and you know that great user experience takes ongoing investment, refinement, and polish.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications that has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
In the AI business unit, we are delivering new analytics-based capabilities to our Flex customers all over the world.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our new office in at Prague Karlín, Czechia. You will enjoy our office perks: snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, Monday lunches, and Wednesday breakfasts, monthly All Hands, awesome filtered coffee, espresso, table tennis and regular small team buildings like laser game :)) We offer true ownership of your own work, great salary package, Twilio RSUs (stock, NYSE: TWLO), monthly mobile phone, kindle/physical books and gym reimbursement, onboarding training in San Francisco and much more.
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. Do you want to experience all of this with the best people? Join our team in Prague now!
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.