Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a true “operator” to help us scale our procurement operations. Twilio is looking for a Senior Manager of Procurement Ops who will manage key implementations of Coupa, contract management, strategic projects, operations metrics, and business process offshoring in India. We are looking for someone who can collaborate extremely well with internal partners like Accounting, Legal, and Finance as well as internal stakeholders to develop and execute our procurement to pay lifecycle to align with business requirements and exceed objectives.
This role will join a larger team whose primary responsibilities include strategic sourcing, supplier management, and all procure to pay operations across all departments for Twilio. As procurement operations is often a cross functional effort, you’ll work closely with many of Twilio’s teams including: Legal, Accounting, Finance, Audit, Security, Privacy and internal business partners. The Procurement Operations team is a key part of Twilio’s Strategic Sourcing organization whose mission is to provide valuable scalable supplier relationships and partnerships, and operational excellence in the entire source to pay lifecycle.
Twilio is seeking a wonderful Procurement Operations leader to join the team that helps with the entire procure to pay cycle in the Procurement Ops team.
- You are a financial, tech and process-savvy person who loves to build seamless process, systems and tools that benefit our teams and internal customers and partners.
- You partner effortlessly with internal stakeholders to continuously refine and simplify, build and refine scalable and successful Procure to Pay processes, systems, tools, and metrics keeping in mind our user experience.
- You love learning new technology, and you have deep experience configuring and continuously improving various procurement operations tools, systems and supporting software tools like; Coupa, Netsuite, JIRA and contract management systems.
- You have strong confident financial acumen; ability to understand and build financial models and experience with financial planning, budgeting and capital allocation in the context of strategic planning and price management to achieve financial and operational goals.
- You’re experienced in offshoring transactional procurement operations to India and have successfully built, managed and scaled the systems, people and processes to support this.
- You’re confident leading joint workshops bringing together partner teams to deliver joint accountability and solutions
- You have strong analytical experience and proficiency in excel with rigor, sound judgement and ability to structure ill-defined problems and bring intellectual leadership to problem solving; synthesize insights from analysis and ensure credible, actionable recommendations.
- You’re empathetic and love working with customers to solve their problems. You know how to use data (including building key financial analysis and dashboards) to make metrics-driven decisions.
- You're thorough, organized, and process-oriented to the extreme, and you’re able to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously. You have outstanding communication ability. Can promote ideas and proposals through credibility, influence and persuasion.
- Your adept at building Spend, Savings, and Procurement Operations metrics.
- Work with Strategic Sourcing team to define annual and quarterly objectives and continuously track them
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
On the Procurement Operations team, you will:
- Build, monitor, up level and manage our entire procurement operations, spend and savings metrics reporting
- Design and optimize new processes to ensure our customers and suppliers have an excellent experience with Twilio’s procure to pay lifecycle
- Build and manage an offshoring procurement operations team in India
- Develop effective working relationships with US and global functional groups to ensure alignment of objectives, priorities, activities and organizational support
- Interface with departments to make recommendations regarding supplier issues and sourcing requirements.
- Partner with suppliers and internal partners to drive transaction automation strategies; evaluate and implement P2P solutions suite, develop supplier catalogs, and increase procurement coverage.
- Work closely with AP to ensure proper and timely onboarding and processing of supplier invoices and payments
- Utilize your advanced proficiency of Excel and metrics dashboards to provide actionable and insightful metrics and reporting.
- Help prevent, monitor, and respond to any out of policy and compliance items
- Design and optimize processes to ensure our internal customers and suppliers have an excellent experience with Twilio
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the procurement function; design controls, complete SOX audits, complete new hire trainings and police our procurement policies.
- Prioritize projects to balance reactive fire fighting with more proactive long term planning that will avoid future issues and extra work.
- Collaborate with Twilio’s Sourcing and Accounting teams to troubleshoot technical problems with our internal tooling and external suppliers and their offerings.
On the Procurement Operations team, our primary goal is operating efficiently to respond to supporting our internal customers, suppliers, partners, and business. We are focused on operational efficiency to deliver an excellent customer experience. We are a key part of Twilio’s Strategic Sourcing organization, whose mission is to provide the complete
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Our SF office is located at 101 Spear Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.