Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
If you like building new things and seeing the direct impact of your work, this role is for you. As a Lead Investigator at Twilio, you will be focused on positively impacting the employee experience and promoting compliance with Twilio policy by addressing discrimination, harassment, retaliation, conflict of interest, and other concerns in an objective, thorough, and prompt manner. This is an individual contributor role located in Denver office.
Twilio is looking for a Lead Investigator with strong technical knowledge and experience in employee relations, employment law principles, and conducting and advising on investigations. We seek someone with:
- At least 3 years of employee relations / investigations experience gained in an HRBP role, employee relations advisory role, or equivalent experience as an employment attorney practicing employment law.
- Experience conducting and consulting on complex workplace investigations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of company practices and policies, federal and state employment laws, and conflict of interest policies.
- Experience responding to EEO charges is preferable but not required.
- Ability to perform as a trusted advisor and to build partnerships at the management level.
- Experience with high-level collaboration and teamwork.
- Experience working with legal counsel.
- Equipped with great judgment, tact, discretion, and professionalism, especially when it comes to confidential documents and communications.
- Relevant experience at a technology company, or equivalent experience with prevalent topics at Twilio.
- Juris Doctor is preferred, but not required
As Lead Employee Relations Investigator, you will:
- Independently lead and manage multiple, comprehensive, and prompt investigations of complex employee relations issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Conduct complex, professional interviews, often involving senior management, prepare investigation reports, and convey ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Make determinations regarding company policies related to equal employment opportunity, anti-harassment and anti-discrimination, and family and romantic relationship conflicts of interest.
- Prepare, track, and maintain appropriate investigation data and documentation.
- Effectively and professionally communicate regarding investigation progress and findings.
- Respond proactively to the tracking, trending, and analysis of employee relations issues.
- Partner with internal stakeholders, including HR, Employment Legal, Security, and others.
- Ability to travel (less than 25% per year); sometimes with short notice
The People Team is central to Twilio's continued growth and engagement of our talent. Your unique skill set and experience are critical to help support the culture of inclusion and trust we have cultivated.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Our Denver office is located at 1801 California Street, Suite 500. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, monthly All Hands and more. You will also experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.