Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
- You are deeply familiar with the way global supply chains work and maybe were involved in building global automated supply chains in the past
- You have experience working with supply chain vendors such as manufacturers, 3PLs, carriers, freight forwarders, customs brokers, etc.
- You have an operational mindset and always the one thinking about expected problems ahead of time in order to solve it before becoming critical
- You are extremely detail oriented and focused on providing 100% supply chain related customer experience
- You always think about how to do more with less and able to recognize areas where cost savings make sense both internally and to customers
- Own the Wireless and IoT supply chain operations, ensuring we are delivering the hardware customers need on time and without any issues. Also make sure internal teams are equipped with needed hardware to support our global sales efforts
- Daily monitor outbound orders and spot check 3PL operations are done according to requirements. Identify and solve issues prior to the customer experiencing impact
- Serve as the main point of contact for external vendors across the value chain - feed requirements, set KPIs, monitor performance and escalate when needed
- Work directly with our strategic customers to ensure we have full visibility on future needs and are set to fulfill 100% of their orders with no delays
- Keep track and manage inventory levels keeping it at the sweet spot of able to fulfill all orders while not allocating too much capital
- Set the Wireless and IoT supply chain to facilitate expected growth over the next 3-5 years. Make forecasts, test ability to support using current setup, come up with a plan to make needed changes and execute accordingly
- Constantly seek ways to improve performance - seek new vendors and renegotiate agreements with current ones, understand and solve recurring issues with international shipping, build systems to track “non-serial” inventory, improve process automation involving both Twilio’s and external vendors’ systems, build automated end-to-end alerting systems to surface issues in our supply chain, and more...
- Partner with other functions in and out the business unit to support customers and facilitate growth:
- Answer supply chain related customer support questions
- Support hardware shipments to marketing events
- Help sales explain our supply chain operations to prospects and to expedite orders when needed
- Work with engineering teams on the next generation of supply chain automation and alerting
- 3-5 years of experience required
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is remote. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.