Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a talented analyst to join the Commercial Finance team and provide deal support to the Americas sales team. This role gives you a platform to accelerate commercial momentum while driving financial targets and optimizing sales cycle time.
As the Commercial Finance Analyst, Americas your ability to build deep cross-functional partnerships and to clearly and consistently articulate recommended course of actions will determine your success.
You will partner with sales, sales operations, product managers, super network, pricing & packaging and the extended Twilio Finance team. You will have a significant impact in bringing Twilio’s core offerings and new innovations to market as you create and evaluate deal models, their impact to Twilio’s P&L and make recommendations on transactions and overall pricing & packaging strategies.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, Americas, you will have a significant impact on how Twilio shapes strategic deals and continues to accelerate its international growth.
Twilio is looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Math or Engineering.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in consulting, financial analysis, and/or pricing background preferred.
- Previous experience working with technology (software) companies a plus.
- Strong analytical skill set including Excel, SFDC and Keynote/PPT/Google Slides.
- Self-starter; takes ownership of goals and works to meet or exceed them.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to build strong partnership with sales and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrixed environment.
- Fluent understanding of P&L dynamics and unit economics.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assess deal economics, recommend alternative deal structures and consistently evaluate/propose discounting level and overall financial terms & conditions to support non-standard customer transactions while helping to drive overall product mix and regional financial targets.
- Proactively facilitate deal reviews, run weekly Commercial Finance forums, provide pricing and packaging suggestions, manage escalations and add valuable insights to drive decision making.
- Partner with Sales Operations to accelerate the overall deal cycle by driving process improvements while maintaining financial rigor and accepted levels of control.
- Support the development of deal metrics to report regional trends in pricing, product mix, competitive dynamics, segment performance, and customer requests.
- Assist on ad hoc finance projects.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. Visibility into how our products are performing is critical to making good business decisions. Your ability to identify and communicate trends, opportunities and problems--and more importantly, recommend a course of action--will play a critical role in charting Twilio’s future.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 3280 Peachtree Road NE (Buckhead Region) in Atlanta. While working in our newest office, you’ll enjoy fully stocked snacks and drinks. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.