Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is excited about working with a world class team to solve some of the hardest problems at Twilio through excellent software design and implementation. Among them are enabling our customers to grow and expand globally by giving developers simple APIs to access the world’s communication channels and building the systems that power the growth of the world’s most innovative communications company.
- You like to think at scale and design, develop and operate production [micro]services that meet goals of low latency, high availability, resiliency and quality in a cloud environment.
- You are a Java enthusiast and professional. There is at least one framework in which you can be called an expert. You bring knowledge and best practices to your command of engineering
- You have good experience working with distributed systems, relational databases, data pipeline systems, frameworks to build high-performance RESTful web services.
- You appreciate the value of great DevOps, and strive for reliability, speed, and quality from dev to stage to prod.
- Even better, you understand designing for data integrity and secure data management.
- Prior experience working with PHP and/or Python is a plus.
- Interest in and/or experience with communications, telephony, and multi-user systems is a plus.
- 5+ years of practical experience in building high scale, mission critical systems.
Bachelors/Masters degree required, or equivalent experience
A great day for you would be working alongside a small and collaborative team, whiteboarding ideas, building APIs used by all Twilio customers, as well as constantly improving services that power Twilio’s top products and also generate significant revenue. We are working on enabling millions of developers to use Twilio across the world and help companies expand their business globally. At the same time, you will be helping more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
The Phone Numbers team enables our customers to scale their business in as many countries as possible. For the developer who just signed up to try out a new idea and got their first Twilio numbers to gigantic companies who run their products in over 100 countries and use tens of thousands of phone numbers; our team simplifies getting reliable Phone Numbers in an ever growing list of countries, which is a top factor of growth for the whole company.
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, education / health credits, Wednesday Night dinners, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.