Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a DevOps Engineer to be a part of a team of talented engineers who build and integrate services that continuously improve our ability to provide products to customers while simultaneously delivering industry leading availability. We do this by leveraging great technology like AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Buildkite, Chef, etc., while also building our own services or contributing to open source projects.
- 2+ year of experience in your craft with demonstrated skill progression
- Previous exposure to DevOps methodologies
- Experience with Linux & Docker required
- Understanding of Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms (previous experience a plus)
- Understanding of AWS (previous experience a plus)
- Understanding of Agile processes (previous experience a plus)
- Coding experience (Golang a plus)
- Listen, present, and question effectively
- A tenacious learner, curious and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible
- A highly effective collaborator, you work with your team towards common goals
- Self Driven; take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to get your tasks to completion
- Degree in Computer Science or similar experience
As DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Promote passionate DevOps culture that is driving massively scalable, highly reliable, resilient services in a fast growing customer and engineering focused company
- Contribute to systems that evolve and improve CI/CD processes
- Help resolve technical issues/blockers as a developer on the team
- Perform thorough and thoughtful code reviews to help maintain high standard of code quality
- Work with teams across the company to troubleshoot/determine resolution for complex issues
- Develop tools and automation which eliminate manual activities, increase stability, and improve visibility
- Develop monitoring, telemetry, and diagnostics to early-detect and minimize quality of service impacting events
- Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of our most challenging problems
The Operations Engineering team is central to Twilio Sendgrid’s container orchestration platform (Kubernetes) and it’s continued evolution. We work with Engineering Leadership and Architects to build, deploy, and release new features integral to our businesses’ plans for increased revenue, platform reliability, and excellent customer service. When engineers go fast, the company goes fast.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street Suite 500 Denver, CO 80202. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.