Director, Solutions Engineering, Singapore
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio APJ is growing rapidly and we need a Solutions Engineering manager for 2020.
This role will work closely with SEs, AEs, and the GTM leadership team. This position is critical to ensuring the continued success of our APJ GTM efforts. A key part of this role is to shape how our AE and SE teams execute together to win. This role will have a hands-on approach to coaching and helping the team run with new opportunities. A qualified applicant should be as comfortable as a player on the pitch, not only just comfortable doing coaching on the sidelines.
Twilio is looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of customer-facing technical leadership.
- Experience in enterprise sales
- Trustworthy interlocutor with customer CTOs and software engineering leaders
- Hands-on approach to problem solving -- always ready to work opportunities directly alongside your team when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor AEs and SEs
- Experience building programs that have impact and reach across teams
- Excellent communicator across cultures
- Previous people management experience
- Up to 50% travel
- Coding experience with Twilio APIs
- Strong understanding of the new business sales cycle, as well as experience with one or more of the following: contact centers, IP-based telephony, messaging, real-time communications, building web or mobile applications.
- Fluency in one or more Asian languages a plus
As a Director, Solutions Engineering, APJ, you will:
- Partner with sales leadership to set our strategy for finding, closing and supporting new opportunities, including prioritising deals and customer escalations
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the technical leads of our SI partner community, determining how our efforts can best collaborate with them to deliver customer success.
- Engage with Marketing, Product, Support, Expert Services, Operations, Legal, Security, and Engineering to make your customers successful on our platform
- Builds and roll out programs that facilitate scaling, and have a global impact on solutions engineering at Twilio
- Find, recruit, hire, develop, challenge, and motivate a team of high-performing SEs, continually educating your team and seeking innovative solutions for improving your team
- Optimise the technical selling approach – determine what role sales engineers should play in closing new business, and how to deploy the existing resources most effectively.
- Measure and communicate results – use data to communicate results and make decisions
- Ensure that your team has the support that they need to be successful as well as providing direct coaching and guidance on a day to day basis
The sales team is critical to Twilio’s continued revenue growth. Solutions Engineering plays a crucial role in the success of sales at Twilio. Bringing new customers on board to our platform requires excellent technical understanding and communication and close partnership with the Sales team. Twilio’s API driven approach to powering communications allows for nearly unlimited variety of use cases which leads to constant technical learning and exploration. Solutions Engineering is essential to drive our continued success in bringing on new customers with all sorts of use cases onto our platform.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 9 Straits View Marina One West Tower. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, ergonomic desks and regular team events and activities along with regular company and regional All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organisations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.