Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are searching for a VP of Product Marketing to lead the team in charge of messaging and positioning for Twilio’s world-class customer engagement platform, powering world-class brands like Lyft, Morgan Stanley and Nordstrom. This team sits at the interface between sales and product management and is tasked with ensuring that Twilio is consistently viewed as the most relevant brand in the market.
We don’t have hard and fast requirements - everyone is different. We are looking for you to self-assess whether you have the five core attributes of a great marketing leader:
- People leadership: You have directly led and scaled a global team. How you inspire your team and influence your peers is critical for this role. We’d love to hear examples of how you’ve built and motivated teams to accomplish big tasks. You know that success comes from consistently reinforcing strong product marketing fundamentals with your team.
- Creativity: Tell us a story of the last product you’ve marketed. We’d love to know how you’ve made a company and its products relevant to the intended audience and the market at-large.
- Content: Show us what content you love and what makes it so great. We’d love to see your content chops – whether that’s copy, visuals, demos, or something else that grabs people.
- Metrics: Everything we do at Twilio is grounded in metrics. Having a solid understanding of the developer journey as well as pipeline dynamics will be critical to your success in this role. You will be driven not by simple quantity of assets produced, but by the impact of those assets. You know how to measure and evaluate metrics around traffic and lead generation impact, along with asset usage by the Sales team.
- Program Management: You and your team will be coordinating some of the biggest efforts across the company. We’d love to learn how you’ve aligned your plans and managed cross-functional projects.
- You've worked with communications before and know how they work. You understand VoIP, WebRTC, Messaging, solutions such as IVR and contact center, and how to provide great quality communication experiences.
- You've worked with technology products that have targeted developers with cloud-based services.
- You've worked in enterprise software and with technology products that have targeted enterprises via direct, online, and channel strategies.
- You have extensive experience working with large enterprise sales teams.
- You have a solid understanding of Twilio's value prop and the apps that have already been built. You can build a Twilio app yourself.
- Messaging & Positioning: It is critical that Twilio differentiate itself against the competition with crisp and memorable positioning across all channels - website, content, events, etc.
- Product Launches: Developer Success is Twilio’s #1 value and the product team is constantly releasing new products to empower developers to create the exact experience they want. Product marketing at Twilio is responsible for bringing these new products to market both internally through enablement as well as externally through online, press and analyst channels.
- Solution Marketing: As a platform company, it is important that Twilio gives customers the tools to envision what their ideal state of communications could be. Product marketing is in charge of bringing programs to our customers that help them picture Twilio across multiple products in their own world and context - be it sales, service, marketing or IT.
- Scaling the Team: The Twilio product marketing team is growing. As the leader of this team, you will need to identify the ideal team structure, career paths and goals in a highly dynamic environment.
The product marketing team at Twilio is responsible for defining the next chapter of customer engagement through world-class messaging and positioning, storytelling, and competitive insights.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.