Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a product management professional with expertise in creating data products (APIs that return valuable data to customers). This person will be in charge of creating a new generation of data intelligence that help customers protect their users from fraudsters and streamline good user’s experience. With Twilio’s connection to telco and email there is a clear opportunity to solve customer’s problems by providing the raw and processed date. This person needs to drive the product definition starting from product discovery through release and customer’s success stories (this role is not about adding incremental features to the existing product). This product manager will enable innovation and create competitive advantage for the phone intelligence products at Twilio. Knowledge of telco data and data providers is a strong plus. Analytical thinking around fraud vectors and experience in building fraud prevention platforms is a must. Experience with Identity, MFA, 2FA and other authentication products is a plus.
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager in a fast-paced company focused on delivering software.
- Has strong prioritization and communication skills, and ability to align across company
- Experience building external API products that focus on data and fraud intelligence
- Solid experience of modern software development (agile development, continuous integration and delivery)
- Has strong customer empathy, understands APIs
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience.
As a Product Manager on the Account Security team, you will be expected to:
- Own and execute the roadmap for your products – communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Develop customer empathy, define customer problem statements and synthesize them into actionable product requirements.
- Create detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules and use cases, and collaborate with UX team on flows.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing tangible value to customers – learn and adjust frequently.
- Work with Engineering teams within the Agile/Scrum methodology, facilitate quarterly planning, assists with execution of sprints, and lead backlog refinement and prioritization.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
- Plan product launches, collaborate with stakeholders on marketing activities, documentation, support requests and sales enablement
This position is located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You should expect the normal perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. You will also get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life (we know this is a marathon not a sprint!); that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.