Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Trainer to be the champion of Twilio product and knowledge for our new customers and partners. This role will engage with our early stage customers to educate them on best practices and help them build their project on Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of technical training. We seek someone with:
- 6+ years experience in a technical trainer position conducting classroom training for related technology products and services
- A strong “stage presence” and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners
- Recent coding experience in one or more of the following languages: Node.js, Python, PHP, Java, or .Net
- Experience in live product demonstrations including programming
- Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills
- Ability to take complex topics and make them simple and digestible
- Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects
- Ability to travel globally and up to 50% of time
- Technical degree (i.e. Computer Science) or relevant work experience required
As Technical Trainer, you will:
- You will deliver instructor-led classroom training to end-user customers and partners on a regular schedule in the US and abroad, in-person or remotely
- You will do a live coding presentations
- You will assist in developing & maintaining technical training content, lab exercises, presentations, and accompanying certification materials
- You will help shape the ongoing strategy and mission of the training & certification program.
- You will work with key vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training content
- You will become an expert and maintain the level of knowledge of Twilio products through continued self-education or ticketing work
- You will define strategy and execute on education webinar program for early-stage customers
The Twilio Training team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with Customers of all sizes to educate and enable. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. Outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Whether you work remotely or at Twilio HQ in San Francisco, you will enjoy our incredible perks: free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience, is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.