Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Technical Lead who is excited about working with a world-class team to solve some of the hardest problems at Twilio through cutting-edge, well-designed and cost-effective software value propositions. Among them are enabling our customers to grow and expand globally by giving developers simple APIs to access the world’s communication channels and building the systems that power the growth of the world’s most innovative communications company.
- You are a creative engineer and developer, able to see multiple sides of a problem, and to work with your team to implement solutions that take into account success and failure states, good and bad actors, and account for the massive growth that Twilio keeps on experiencing.
- You like to think at scale and design, build and operate production [micro]services that meet systemic goals of high availability, low latency, resiliency and quality in a cloud environment.
- You appreciate the value of great DevOps practices and strive for reliability, speed, and quality from development to staging to production.
- Even better, you understand designing for data integrity and secure data management.
- Interest in and/or experience with communications, multi-user and telephony systems is a plus.
Specific skills required:
- 6+ years of experience working as a software developer.
- Conversational command of English.
- 4+ years of experience building enterprise products with Java SE & Java EE.
- 2+ years of experience working with Dropwizard, Spring, or similar frameworks.
- 2+ years of experience working with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or similar relational databases.
- Experience working with Kafka, Kinesis, SQS, or similar data pipeline systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
As a Technical Lead:
- A great day for you would be working alongside a small and collaborative team, white-boarding ideas, building APIs used by all Twilio customers, as well as constantly improving services that power Twilio’s top products and also generate significant revenue.
- We are working on enabling millions of developers to use Twilio across the world and help companies expand their business globally. At the same time, you will be helping more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
The Phone Numbers team enables our customers to scale their business in as many countries as possible. From Uber’s anonymous driver communications to AirBnB’s host identity verification, businesses make their communications more relevant and compelling using Twilio. The Phone Numbers Regulatory Compliance Intelligence (RCI) team works on solutions to build the foundation for Twilio products upstack, providing essential features that serve as a model for future Twilio communications value propositions. A range of segmented and diversified Phone Number products will be driven by data and intelligence to power innovation for Twilio and our customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in Bogotá, D.C. (Colombia). You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, BBQs, gym stipend, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.