Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
- Significant experience working in technology in an Alliances/ISV sales leadership capacity.
- Passionate about technology and its ability to have a meaningful impact on the world.
- Extensive experience formulating a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations internally and externally including business development leaders, executives, product managers, engineers, and social change leaders.
- Technically savvy, experienced with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices and mobility.
- Proven experience starting from scratch to develop, negotiate and structuring complex deals.
- Great at execution: results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter that is a solution-first thinker with client service mentality.
- Excellent at teamwork and cross group collaboration with an ability manage multiple projects and priorities in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Bonus points for experience and expertise working in the nonprofit and social impact sectors.
- Leveraging Twilio’s, “Build” partner program, create Twilio.org’s “Build for Good” partner program to exponentially increase our market reach and accelerate Twilio revenue and impact across the social impact sector.
- In coordination with alliances, sales, finance, and legal teams, define partner program requirements, benefits, and commercial terms that serve reseller, SI, and ISV partner programs.
- Develop partner acquisition model to execute strategic partnerships that drive customer acquisition, adoption, and impact across the global nonprofit & social impact sectors.
- Capable of Building out Revenue Business Model - ability to delve deeper with partner and significantly grow Revenue w/in that partner set.
- Use a systematic approach to establish deep relationships with strategic partners including understanding their strategy, key decision-makers, organizational structure, technology solutions, roadmaps and go-to-market focus.
- Maintain pipeline of partnership opportunities designed to drive relevance, reach and revenue for our platform.
- Maintain active relationships with Twilio.org’s key partners reinforcing our leadership position in the market, proactively addressing business issues and identifying ways to maximize value for all parties.
- Identify and track relevant metrics of success for revenue, market coverage, and impact.
- Build plan to hire & retain global team of Twilio.org alliance experts.
Twilio is looking for a Director of Alliances to lead channel development for our growing Twilio.org team. This person will lead Twilio.org’s overall channel strategy building the programs and relationships to bring top solutions partners, systems integrators and platform partners to Twilio’s “Build for Good” ecosystem. As part of the Twilio.org leadership team, you will work closely with Twilio’s broader alliances and direct sales teams to deploy a world class partner program that extends our reach and impact in the nonprofit & social impact sectors.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. This critical position will help Twilio.org build a large ecosystem of strategic partners whose services and solutions support nonprofits and social impact organizations seeking to use Twilio powered communications to address some of the world’s greatest challenges.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.