Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an U.S. Income Tax Senior Accountant to be a key contributor in the preparation and review of all U.S. income tax compliance requirements related to our domestic activities.
Twilio is looking for a key contributor with a demonstrated track record in tax issues and compliance. We seek someone with:
- 4+ years of U.S. income tax experience, some public experience preferred
- Ability to both prepare and coordinate with Twilio’s providers in the preparation of U.S. Federal and State income tax returns
- Ability to prepare and coordinate with external providers in the preparation of ASC 740 tax provisions and related disclosures, strong provision experience preferred
- Perform U.S. tax research and planning, including monitoring tax law changes and alerting management to developments which have a significant impact to the company
- Maintain U.S. technical knowledge of income tax through internal and external resources
- Perform ad hoc projects as assigned
- Strong accounting and Excel skills, Access skills helpful
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Netsuite and Looker, helpful
As a Senior Income Tax Accountant, you will:
- Assist external providers in the preparation of U.S. income tax provisions quarterly with the goal of transitioning to in-house preparation
- Assist external providers in the preparation of U.S. corporate income tax compliance with the goal of transitioning to in-house preparation
- Assist in the review and filing of corporate U.S., state and local income tax returns prepared by our external tax advisors with the goal of transitioning to in-house preparation
- Ensure proper tax accounting for U.S. GAAP books
- Monitor developments in U.S., state and local income tax laws
- Assist with U.S. income tax audits.
- Reconciliation of the monthly income tax liabilities
- Ensure income/franchise tax compliance payments are made timely, manage tax calendar
- Reports to the Director of Domestic (U.S.) Income Tax
The Tax team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and ensuring that Twilio is compliant with their domestic and international income and indirect tax obligations in order to minimize the overall tax risk for the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office at 1801 California Street, Denver, Colorado. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.