Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Security Engineering (SecEng) team is responsible for securing Twilio’s complex global network. SecEng engineers support this mission by working across the organization to identify and implement betterments, understanding complex architectures and systems, drive down the number of vulnerabilities, reduce the blast radius of any vulnerabilities, and assist in incident response efforts when needed. You will be building solutions to tough security problems in real-time networks, assisting junior team members, and working with experts in cellular networks.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional security lead who meets the following requirements.
- 4+ years of experience with production AWS environments
- 3+ years evaluating network and system security issues
- 1+ years of leadership, preferably a technology company
- Experience with threat modeling
- Linux command line skills
- Demonstrated success as a cross-functional partner in the security space
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good security practices with the community
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
Bonus Points for:
- Python, Ruby, Docker, Kubernetes, and scripting knowledge
- Other large cloud platform experience
- Security experience with communications networks, including 3G/4G
- AWS Certifications
- Forensics knowledge and skills
As a Cloud Security Tech Lead you can expect to fill your days by:
- Contributing to the development of our in-house security automation framework
- Engaging with cross-functional partners to identify and understand new team needs that can be automated.
- Closely work with Amazon Web Services, testing new services and developing guidance on how to use them securely
- Working with 3G/4G and emerging cellular technologies
- Helping more junior team members by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers (and their knowledge may influence yours!)
- Developing, maintaining, and improving RCEaaS technologies-- seriously!
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline and technical leadership. And that’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our new Madrid, Spain office at Paseo de la Castellana, 77. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.