Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to be part of the Global Accounts Payable team. This role will manage a wide variety of responsibilities including processing invoices, issuing payments and approving expense reports. Reporting to the Global AP Manager, this position is critical to ensuring accurate financial reporting and smooth payment processing for all vendors and employees as Twilio continues to grow.
Twilio is searching for an enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter who is ready to jump into a dynamic, fast-paced environment and make an immediate impact.
- Candidate for Bachelor's or a completed degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 2-4+ years experience
- Understands accounting theory, GAAP & SOX
- Solid organizational skills, time management and detail oriented
- Able to work effectively within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Stellar customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge/experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Google Suite required
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa and Expensify a plus
As Accounts Payable Specialist, you will:
- Live by and champion the Twilio Magic
- Process vendor invoices and credit card transactions
- Assist in weekly payment run preparation
- Communicate professionally with vendors via email and phone
- Prepare certain month end accruals
- Be responsible for reconciliation of accounts payable related accounts and vendor invoices/statements
- Review/audit expense reports to ensure compliance with our Travel and Entertainment Policy
- Become our expense tool guru, field inquiries from employees and troubleshoot issues
- Assist in preparation of yearly 1099’s
- Assist with use tax filings
- Assist with internal & external audits as needed
A strong and efficient Accounts Payable team is crucial for Twilio's continued growth and success. We work closely with our vendors and cross-functionally within the company to ensure smooth and efficient payment processing that appears effortless (although we know it takes a lot of hard work!). With the amount of growth Twilio is experiencing no two days will ever be the same. Join our team and enjoy an ever-changing, fast-paced environment where you’ll have the ability to make an immediate impact.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: daily lunch, endless snacks, parking, ergonomic desks, newly designed office space, and more. You will also experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; and continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.