Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is more than just an API - it’s a communications platform that empowers builders and developers with the building blocks they need to innovate. As the GM of Email Platform, you will be responsible for an integral piece of Twilio’s customer communication platform, the Email Platform, within Twilio SendGrid. As GM, you will continue to expand our email business focusing on empowering the world’s developers with modern communications in order to build better applications. In this role, you will be responsible for managing over $150 million in annual revenue and a platform sending over 60 billion emails a month for over 80,000 Twilio customers.
Twilio is looking for a leader that:
- Has 15+ years of hands-on product and/or engineering management experience.
- Experience managing teams of 75+ people.
- High-growth technology company experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing a meaningful P&L.
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications.
- Thinks critically and objectively; has excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance - be an owner.
- Experience with meeting (and exceeding) business targets such as revenue, pipeline, growth, etc.
- Proven experience in building and launching complex platforms at scale.
- Extensive experience providing product direction to meet customer needs.
As the GM of Email Platform you will:
- Manage, build, and develop cross-functional product and engineering teams.
- Lead the strategy, planning, and execution of the team to meet customer demand.
- Maintain strong relationships with key customers, partners, and vendors.
- Promote a positive work environment; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to existing team members.
- Remove barriers to your team being successful through fostering strong stakeholder communication and relationships and a relentless focus on the big picture of building and defining the future of communication.
- Responsible for P&L for a significant portion of the company's revenue.
- Own product roadmap that delivers products and features that will help drive revenue growth.
- Drive innovation through owning difficult and unfamiliar problems and being willing to Draw the Owl in a highly dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Wear the Customer’s shoes. Collaborate with customers to define new platform capabilities and solutions.
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining an inclusive and diverse environment through leveraging the Twilio Magic
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, support, finance, engineering, etc) to identify accurate go-to-market strategies which include product plans, pricing frameworks.
The Twilio SendGrid Email Platform sends billions of email messages per month on behalf of our customers, ranging from small startups to companies who are household names. It is also the underpinning of the Twilio SendGrid Email Marketing product. Through world-class innovation, scale, and support the Twilio SendGrid Email Platform allows Twilio customers to make a meaningful impact with their email programs and see how influential email success is to grow a healthy business.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in one of our beautiful offices at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco, 1801 California St in Denver, CO, or 400 Spectrum Center Dr. in Irvine, CA. You should expect the normal perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.