Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio SendGrid is looking for a Manager for the Customer Growth team within the Customer Lifecycle Platform who will be a dynamic and inspiring engineering leader with a passion for delivering world-class solutions through management, mentorship, and influential leadership. The Customer Lifecycle Platform team is responsible for building the infrastructure and services that serve our customers from sign-up through billing.
As a manager of this team, you will be leading a team of engineers who are responsible for front-end development across multiple products, as well as driving API health and hygiene. You will get a chance to lead the team that provides key facets of our customer experience.
- 7+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 2-3 years of engineering management experience
- Deep understanding of building scalable web services architectures
- People management experience with responsibility in any engineering discipline: Quality, DevOps & Development with a strong understanding and passion in each area
- Ability to oversee the design and operation of both front-end components as well as the underlying services
- Success at participating in cross-functional teams; naturally collaborative but decisive when needed
- Track record in building and sustaining high-performance teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects, teams, and schedules in a rapid-growth environment, to coordinate successful/timely releases and achieve quality objectives
- Strong influential and persuasion skills to manage Right vs Right Now engineering decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills enabling you to articulate complex, technical material to a non-technical audience
- Ability to lead through change effectively
- Experience working on internal Platforms (bonus)
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Twilio Magic
- Manage and lead the Customer Growth team of Software Development and Quality Assurance Engineers and work collaboratively with peers across disciplines to meet business commitments.
- You are a firm believer in the benefits of working through Agile and lean methodologies delivering small incremental customer value frequently.
- Lead your team through the design, development, testing, operability, code reviews, and deployment of features and components
- Responsible for hiring great people, mentor through candid, caring, and timely feedback, and lead the team to consistently deliver. You are also able to dig in and support your team to solve hard technical problems and provide technical guidance as we grow to massive scale.
- Lead innovation with your team, evaluating new trends and opportunities in the industry
- Drive quality, predictability, and velocity on your team(s) with a continuous improvement mindset
- Collaborate with Product Management to define roadmap, priorities and user stories
The Customer Lifecycle Platform team is highly visible throughout the company and you will have a critical impact on the success of multiple products that consumes the infrastructure and the services they build. You will be partnering with amazing architects, product and program managers and along the way to move big rocks for Twilio-SendGrid. The tech stack is very modern and includes technologies like Go, React, Snowflake, AWS Managed Services, Terraform, Buildkite etc.
Twilio is truly unique; We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together. We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street, Denver CO. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.