Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio SendGrid we’re focused on developing and expanding our world-class, cloud-based customer engagement platform. Twilio SendGrid is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
The Customer Account Executive role at Twilio SendGrid is pivotal to the success of the organization. It is an exciting opportunity to be part of a highly motivated sales team in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. As a Customer Account Executive you will be responsible for retention, revenue growth and identification of new joint use cases within key customer accounts including some of the most successful startups.
We are looking for Customer Account Executives who are looking to grow their career in the fast-growing cloud communications platform market.
- Several years of experience in solution selling into Enterprise, Mid Market or Commercial segments and a track record of personally selling and closing complex solutions (Cloud, Saas or CPaas).
- You have experience selling communications to a technical and business audience, building trust and mutual respect with technical customers and peers.
- Demonstrated success by overachieving quota on a consistent basis.
- Ability to expand and build new relationships with senior line of business owners and executive stakeholders to understand and uncover new opportunities.
- You’ve mastered developing strategic ROI driven plans, creating pricing proposals, negotiating terms and managing the contract process. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
As Customer Account Executive, you will:
- Be responsible for net new growth within key Customer and SMB Accounts, at scale with some of the world's fastest growing startups to optimize their existing Twilio use cases and find new ways for them to leverage communications in their businesses.
- Your territory includes a region of Twilio’s existing accounts, with a named set of accounts. You will have responsibility for incremental revenue growth and retention, new use cases and software adoption, and cross sell Twilio’s new products.
- Establish a thorough understanding of your named account's business strategy and growth plans and develop, lead, and execute Twilio sales strategies aligned to your customer’s communication workflow and business outcomes.
- Strengthen and expand Twilio’s relationships within these customer accounts, including up-leveling our existing relationships with key C-level sponsors within these customer organizations while expanding visibility and on-site Twilio presence.
- Responsible for Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with customers, leverage cross functional teams to build and execute account plans and strategies for each target account.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits and enterprise to make an impact on their services. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience.
We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street, Denver, CO. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.