Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to be a key driver in helping grow the healthcare industry vertical at Twilio. The scope of this role will include driving HIPAA compliance across Twilio’s existing products, identifying and driving net new projects in support of healthcare growth, and building out best practices for future industry verticals at Twilio. Reporting to the Director of Product - Healthcare, this position is critical to supporting Twilio’s growth into healthcare enterprises and partners.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of driving complex and wide scale technical projects spanning multiple teams.
- 8+ years of experience in project/program management in a technical field
- Demonstrated experience working on large scale projects across multiple product and engineering teams as well as multiple cross-functional teams
- Experience driving product and engineering teams to meet regulatory standards such as HIPAA, HITRUST, GDPR, FedRAMP, etc.
- Experience in cloud and/or telecommunications infrastructure, or other related highly technical environments
- Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust technical solutions
- Familiarity with enterprise risk management methods and techniques to drive outcomes aligned with company strategy
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related technical fields
As a Technical Program Manager, we expect you to:
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and create project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve roadblocks
- Understand and document business/compliance specifications, scope and drive technical requirements, and coordinate with engineering teams to deliver outcomes in a successful and timely manner
- Provide the required hands-on project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Travel may be required 10% of the time (if applicable)
The Healthcare Product team is a highly visible and business-driven industry vertical established to fuel Twilio’s continued growth into enterprises. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to guide the industry strategy. Twilio has the ability to unlock a massive potential in transforming communication in healthcare, and we are the team tasked with leading this effort.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: free lunch, snacks, beer and cold brew on tap, ergonomic desks, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore, Sydney, and Tallinn.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.