Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing fast and looking for a Technical Lead to join our globally distributed Flex R&D organization as the technical lead for our Flex Admin team. Flex is Twilio’s contact center platform and is a unique product that provides our customers with the building blocks they need to build a fully customized contact center solution to meet their needs. A key component of the Flex solution includes providing platform tools and capabilities for two customer personas, the contact center manager and the developer that is customizing and maintaining the Flex deployment. Flex Admin provides abilities for contact center managers to configure operational settings as well as providing capabilities for developers to add custom code and plugins to their Flex deployment. To support the rapid growth of Flex, we are building a new team in Denver to deliver these features.
- Design entire systems from scratch, end-to-end, that can fit into the Twilio architecture
- Develop solutions for complex problems both independently and with team members
- Work with other teams to troubleshoot/determine resolution for complex issues across team domains
- Focus on designing and implementing systems for scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability
- Use your foresight and experience to keep our systems effectively running now and in the future through profiling, load testing, failure testing, monitoring and much more to have confidence in the robustness of the systems we deploy.
- Lead team initiatives and implementations from conception to completion
- Recommend and champion improvements to our software and product development process
- Drive improvements in quality of team's work output
- Provide technical coaching and mentorships
Our stack includes: Java, node.js, React, Docker, Kafka, MySQL, AWS
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Flex Platform team:
- 8+ years of software development experience in a modern programming language (Go, Python, Java, Ruby, or C++)
- Solid experience with modern RDBMS, familiarity with NoSQL data stores and Kafka
- Proficiency developing distributed systems and APIs at scale, GraphQL experience is a plus
- Experience with building reliable and robust software that tolerates and recovers from unreliable dependencies.
- Expert OO experience and software engineering expertise (coding, automated tests, profiling, monitoring, etc).
- Enjoy designing, writing, and growing vital business services that add value.
- You will be responsible for driving architecture and building systems for multiple orders of magnitude of growth.
- You’ll take full end-to-end ownership of your services, from designing to operations and monitoring in production.
- An insatiable learner, curious and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: free lunch, snacks, beer and cold brew on tap, ergonomic desks, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.