The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing fast and looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our globally distributed Flex R&D organization on our Flex Admin team. Flex is Twilio’s contact center platform and is a unique product that provides our customers with the building blocks they need to build a fully customized contact center solution to meet their needs. A key component of the Flex solution includes providing platform tools and capabilities for two customer personas, the contact center manager and the developer that is customizing and maintaining the Flex deployment. Flex Admin provides abilities for contact center managers to configure operational settings as well as providing capabilities for developers to add custom code and plugins to their Flex deployment. To support the rapid growth of Flex, we are building a new team in Denver to deliver these features.
- 4-8 years of software development experience in a modern programming language (Go, Python, Java, Ruby, or C++)
- Focus on designing and implementing systems for scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability
- Perform thorough and thoughtful code reviews for lower-level engineers in order to help level them up through their engineering career journey
- Help drive technical decisions for your functional domain
- Evaluate new technologies that could be brought to bear to solve Twilio’s technical challenges as they arise
- Help resolve technical issues/blockers as a developer on the team
- Work with teams across the company to troubleshoot/determine resolution for complex issues
- Work with Engineering Managers and Product Managers to understand priorities and roadmap
- Champion good engineering habits (development techniques, TDD, security, and tech debt balance, agile habits) within your team
- Build relationships with key engineers in your focus area
- Document projects you and your team work on
Our stack includes: Java, node.js, React, Docker, Kafka, MySQL, AWS
As a software engineer on the Flex Platform team:
- Design software components for scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability
- Develop simple solutions independently and with team members
- Help define, break down and prioritize work in partnership with team
- Works independently to troubleshoot/determine resolution for issues in your team's domain
- Follow Twilio engineering processes
- Interface with other teams, be a point of contact for technical systems your team owns
- Build relationships with peers across teams
- Participate in design meetings and Agile ceremonies
- Be responsible for documentation of projects you work on
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: free lunch, snacks, beer and cold brew on tap, ergonomic desks, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.