Pre-Sales Solution Engineer - IoT
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Twilio Solution Engineer is a critical part of the sales team that is facilitating this communication renaissance.
The Twilio Solution Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio IoT solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. The Solution Engineer leads the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, and offers creative solutions.
The Twilio IoT Solution Engineer is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO and can design API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.. We are looking for an individual who has domain expertise in cellular networks, modules & infrastructure.
Twilio is looking for an IoT Solution Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- 2-5 years pre-sales experience selling complex, technical products
- 5 years experience with a Telco or MVNO providing IoT service
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Ability to build a deep understanding of a customer’s communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture.
- Previous experience in mobile packet core, radio networks, Diameter, is a plus!
Preferred but not required:
- Previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
Twilio Solution Engineers get to live our values every day.
Draw the owl
- Build and present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do
- Assist customers with Pilot and Proof-of-Concept implementations
- Present creative new solutions that enable and inspire innovation
- Never stop learning new products and new technologies
- Expect the best from yourself
Wear the Customer’s Shoes
- Form a deep understanding of their business and the problems they’re trying to solve
- Keep asking probing questions
- Build trusted advisor relationships with customers
- Work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize and plan for deal success
- Educate and mentor customers and colleagues
- Don’t be afraid to take that big idea and run with it
Solution Engineers play a major role in Twilio’s sales organization and are critical to deal success. The Twilio product suite is built for developers who are on a mission to build innovative communication products and technology. SE’s help customers achieve success by leading the technical and product sale, recommending best-practice solutions, and guiding them on how to use Twilio’s APIs.
Twilio customers often share common use cases, but rarely share the same implementation requirements. Each company is unique when it comes to process, technology stacks, and skill. The Twilio Solution Engineer owns the technical sales process to help demonstrate the best way to use Twilio products to achieve (and often exceed) their goals.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unrivaled; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in employees dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.