Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is hiring for a Principal Support Engineer to work with our Customer Support and Product Teams to ensure that our products are developed with support requirements as a key focus. As part of our Customer Success and Support Team, this position is critical to ensuring that our customers have the best experience with our products and that we are able to provide prompt resolutions for any issues that they encounter. We believe in walking in our customer’s shoes and you will be responsible for both providing this perspective and for ensuring that our customers have comfortable shoes to wear.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated history of customer support, developer experience, and design for supportability:
- 2+ years on the front lines of a customer support organization.
- Experience working with:
- HTTP / REST APIs
- Network troubleshooting
- SSL/TLS certificates
- A demonstrated passion for sharing knowledge and experience with others through coaching and mentoring.
- Passion for measurement, metrics, and driving continuous improvement across the organization.
- A cross-functional diplomat who can collaborate and influence data-driven decision making with executive leadership and peers in other departments (technical and non-technical).
- Third level qualification in Computer Science or comparable technical field, or applicable experience
As Principal Support Engineer, you will:
- Be the bridge between our front line Customer Support Team and the Product Engineering Team:
- Represent the needs of the Customer Support Team and provide Design for Supportability input to the product team to ensure the best customer experience through self-service tooling and diagnostic capabilities.
- Ensure that the Customer Support Team is properly prepared to support new products prior to their release.
- Leverage your technical knowledge to act as a second tier of support in addressing complex customer issues
- Advocate for customer painpoints both in regular meetings with the product teams as well as shared reports; This includes assisting in the prioritization and tracking of these issues.
- Work within the Principal Support Engineer Team to foster best known methods and best practices to help elevate the team and standardize excellence; You are relentless in the pursuit of improvements while at the same time valuing progress over perfection.
- Travel required up to 5% of the time for regional training and trips to HQ.
We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. Twilio support is unlike any other. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio. The Principal Support Engineer works closely with Front Line Support and their respective product teams to ensure that the support that we provide is effective and timely and that we communicate issues that are impacting our customers to the responsible internal teams.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will provide you with the opportunity to work remotely or in our regional office as part of our team. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.