Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a technical product marketing leader with a passion for story-telling and for translating value propositions through keynote presentation content. In this new role, you will build a team that creates the narrative and content to support Twilio’s expanding presence on major keynote stages and in meetings with Global 2000 technology buyers. You will be knowledgeable of the communications technology landscape and especially understand the breadth of use case scenarios for messaging, email, voice, OTT, and other important communications channels.. As a senior leader, we are looking for you to demonstrate that you have the core attributes of a great product marketer, and have deep experience with positioning and value proposition delivery.
- You have years of experience in presentation content and corporate story-telling.
- You are technical--you like learning how to build things and figuring out how best to demonstrate the benefits of the product.
- You know how to turn a story into a presentation. You are able to clearly articulate complex concepts to leave a lasting impression.
- You have owned presentations for the main stage at high-profile, multi-thousand attendee events.
- You know how to enable, educate, and manage internal audiences to drive meaningful content.
- You have a tremendous ability to translate written value propositions into graphical representations.
- You have been a first level manager of product marketing or communications teams.
- You are obsessed with content that breaks through the noise--you are constantly keeping up with best practices in keynote main stage presentations. You can make the case for implementing those best practices when engaged in high-pressure situations filled with opinions coming from many stakeholders..
- You understand the global communications ecosystem. .
- You have a good understanding of Twilio's value proposition and the apps that have already been built.
- You have experience targeting multiple segments. In addition to developers, you've worked with technology products that have targeted Enterprises via direct, online, and channel strategies.
- You've worked with technology products that have targeted developers with cloud-based services, especially as horizontal platforms.
- Build and lead a keynote planning and production engine, working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and supporting teams.
- Create the narrative and story frameworks the company uses for major presentations.
- Recruit a multi-faceted team that is capable of producing the keynote flow, the presentation content, demo flow, demo design, and demo engineering.
- Collect and integrate multiple story inputs across our product line to tell a cohesive story.
- Be rigorous in testing and evaluating keynote themes, content, and demos for audience impact and understanding.
- Work with other teams at Twilio to identify and source customers for inclusion in keynote and other presentations.
- Coach presenters on how to deliver compelling, effective presentations of the content and demos that your team creates.
- For major presentation vehicles, such as the Twilio SIGNAL customer conference, own the process from end-to-end for keynote production--including ideation, content creation, executive reviews, schedules, speaker recruitment, and rehearsals.
- Thrive on working in a high-profile, high-energy environment, where you are managing frequent interaction with top executives in the company.
Twilio is transforming the way the largest companies in the world communicate by empowering developers to build any customer experience they can imagine on a scalable, trusted and flexible platform. The Product Marketing team at Twilio is responsible for defining the next chapter of customer engagement through world-class messaging and positioning, storytelling and customer insights.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.