Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. The Twilio‘s messaging platform enables companies to integrate omni-channel communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and developer friendly SDKs. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Messaging SDK team in Tallinn who is passionate about designing, developing, testing and releasing software solutions at scale, and wants to help Twilio deliver real-time, low latency capabilities for next-generation communications.
We’re looking for versatile software engineers with product thinking eager to bring our browser, Node.js, React / ReactNative libraries and client APIs to new heights.
- You are ready to learn and execute on multiple levels of software engineering: from websocket I/O to object lifecycle management, from low-level optimisations and debugging to interfaces and system design, from writing code to release management and assuring the quality of your work.
- You take pride and ownership of beautiful APIs that millions of developers can use around the world.
- You have passion about full-stack web development, familiar with established industry standards, and curious about new frameworks and technologies.
- You think about the product first and have empathy for our customers and their business enabled by Twilio platform.
We welcome and incorporate people with different levels of seniority and experience.
There’s much to learn, and much to be done! You should have at least 3 of the proficiencies below to be considered for the role:
- ReactNative or Cordova. You know what it takes to build a cross-platform mobile-first application. You strive for consistency and code reuse, and know-ins and outs of mobile frameworks.
- Building for compatibility. You know how to setup a build pipeline and pack an SDK, so that it would perform well on different platforms and browsers. You strive for code reuse and know how to tame Browserify, Webpack and others to fit the goal.
- Testing and Releasing. You are passionate about quality and can engineer it at all stages of software development. You are able to design and develop quality pipeline requiring as little human intervention as possible.
The services and SDKs developed by the Messaging team are used by thousands of customers, both internal and external to Twilio. Our infrastructure enables Conversations, powers aspect of Flex and works in concert with Programmable Messaging suite.
Twilio empowers the world’s developers with modern communication tools, helping them to build better applications. Twilio is unique: we are a company committed to your entire employee experience. We win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you cultivate your strengths. This means we will trust you to invest in complex solutions where we need them, and we’ll rely on and encourage creativity. We have a culture founded on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us!
This position will be located in our new beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We have many team building events weekly, monthly and of course annual summer days. We offer true ownership of your own work, great salary package, Twilio RSUs (stock, NYSE: TWLO), mobile phone and gym reimbursement, monthly mobile expense coverage, monthly health expense coverage, on-boarding training in San Francisco etc. We also offer relocation help for you and your family if needed.
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. Do you want to experience all of this with the best people? Join our really diverse, international team in Tallinn!
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.