Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Sr Product Manager to manage Twilio’s Developer Interfaces, our suite of products and processes our developer customers use to successfully build, debug, deploy, and scale their Twilio applications. You will understand the needs of, and build empathy with, Twilio’s massive base of developer customers. You are driven by building great products that make other people successful and have a love for computer programming and making it accessible. You have experience working across all phases of the software development lifecycle and understand both the excitement and challenges at each phase.
Twilio is looking for a product leader with the following background:
- Ability to set a strategic vision for Twilio’s developer experience aligned with the company’s long term goals and deliver on it
- Experience building and delivering products for developers. Strong empathy with developer customers from various backgrounds and levels of sophistication
- Ability to solicit customer requirements from many - often competing - sources, prioritize, and work with engineering and design to deliver
- Experience working with data and analytics tools to understand customer behavior at scale and interpret metrics about your products
- Experience managing products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield
- Obsession with customer success and delivering products that solve real world problems for developers
- Passion for development trends
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Own the product roadmap for Twilio’s developer interfaces, including our SDK libraries across many different programming languages, command line interface, API Explorer, and more.
- Be the leading expert on our developer customers, understanding what and how they are building, where they get stuck, and what tools or tech will make their jobs easier.
- Deliver the products and processes for developers to build, test, and confidently deploy their Twilio applications across different environments, and alert them if their applications aren’t performing as expected in production
- Keep your finger on the pulse of ever changing technology trends. Ensure Twilio’s developer experience continue to evolve and stays on the leading edge.
- Organize and drive customer advisory boards, facilitate discussions with developers from hackers to startups to enterprises. Conduct complex customer discovery sessions with marquee customers
- Keep and up-to-date product roadmap for our developer products, communicating with key stakeholders on priorities, launch status, and changes in product plans.
- Report on both the business and operational performance of your products and customers on a weekly basis
Developer Experience sits squarely at the intersection of software engineering and product design. A great developer experience will minimize the “time to magic” as a junior developer learns about Twilio for the first time. And a great developer experience will also empower the largest companies on the planet to confidently debug massive web scale applications. Our business unit builds the products that Twilio’s developer customers use to build, debug, and operate their Twilio applications, such as our web Console, developer dashboards, SDK libraries in every programming language, CLI, and cloud-based debugging tools. Ten years ago, Twilio defined the modern cloud developer experience with our easy to use REST APIs and fantastic documentation. And as technology continues to change, we continue to evolve and empower the next generation of the world’s developers. Our mission is to empower each and every developer on Twilio to be successful learning, building, debugging, and scaling their Twilio applications. With 6 million developers on the platform, you will have opportunity to have impact on a massive scale. Your job will be to turn developers into heros!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located Remotely in the US, our Denver, CO offices or in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.