Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a true “operator” to help us scale our product operations. This role will join the team whose primary responsibilities include managing our worldwide phone number inventory, porting (transferring) phone numbers from other carriers to Twilio's platform, and working closely with Twilio’s sales team and our customers to sell and provision short codes efficiently and effectively. The Product Operations team is a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is seeking an operations expert to join the team that runs Twilio’s phone number operations.
- You are a tech- and process-savvy person who loves to build seamless operations that benefit our customers.
- You’re empathetic and love working with customers to solve their problems. You know how to use data (including basic SQL) to make metrics-driven decisions. You’ve even written some code in a previous role.
- You love learning new technology, and you have experience configuring and operating various systems and software tools.
- You're thorough, organized, and process-oriented to the extreme, and you’re able to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
On the Product Operations team, you will:
- Project manage complex requests from our customers to port their existing telephone numbers from their current carriers to the Twilio platform, and create new processes to port numbers in additional countries around the world as Twilio’s business expands.
- Ensure that our supply of phone numbers meets customer demand without incurring undue inventory carrying costs.
- Engage with telecommunication carriers, regulatory bodies, and vendors on behalf of our customers to make short code and sender ID provisioning a seamless experience.
- Collaborate with Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams to troubleshoot technical problems with our internal tooling and external product offerings.
- Design and optimize new processes to ensure our customers have an excellent experience with Twilio.
On the Product Operations team, our primary goal is operating efficiently to ensure our customers have access to purchase and port phone numbers around the globe. We are focused on operational efficiency to deliver an excellent customer experience. We are a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: free lunch, snacks, beer and cold brew on tap, ergonomic desks, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.