Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join the Sales Operations team. This is a great role for an experienced business analyst who is looking to take full ownership of process improvement programs and shape product roadmaps.
You are right for this role if you excel at building workflows that help scale our customer-facing teams, managing stakeholder expectations, and driving alignment across different functions to move initiatives forward.
You are an individual who is motivated to tackle complex problems, has a "can do" attitude with an aptitude to learn. You are passionate about creating frictionless operations to drive the best possible user experience and maximize efficiency for our internal customers. You will need to have strong customer empathy and understand what it takes to drive business outcomes through cross-functional complex initiatives.
- 2-5 years of experience with Salesforce.com implementation (design, configuration, deployment)
- Success in implementation of SFDC solutions, managing project timelines, and communications with stakeholders
- Salesforce Administrator Certification is required
- Experience in owning initiatives and driving alignment across teams
- Experience working with sales platforms (ie. RingDNA, Outreach, Sales Navigator, DiscoverOrg etc)
- Experience in both Top of Funnel and Post-Sales processes
- 1+ year of experience designing or developing on Salesforce (Apex)
- Experience working with and managing large data sets
As a Sr. Business Analyst, you will quickly learn Twilio’s unique business processes and identify gaps and efficiency opportunities for those processes. You will work with the wider team to recommend and implement process changes for the Top of Funnel and Post-Sales funnel, and maintain the systems that power these critical business processes. You will also be responsible for driving success metrics that these business processes yield. You will also engage and manage relationships with internal business partners who are leveraging our systems. These stakeholders include sales, marketing, business development, customer success, customer support, and customer experience etc. functions.
You are a results-oriented individual who wants to make a difference, accepts accountability, and takes the initiative to iterate and improve. In this role, you will be challenged to think creatively about how to reshape existing processes to become more efficient. Your work will be integral to supporting impactful programs, which will contribute to the success of the Go-to-Market team and support Twilio’s fast growth.
Near term responsibilities:
- Understand the Twilio customer journey and sales funnel, identify gaps and recommend efficiency opportunities
- Assist program managers and solutions architects with various work streams critical to large projects
- Own the feedback loop and collaboration with our internal customers in pre-sales and post-sales to influence our roadmap
- Own the regular reporting of pre-sales and post-sales systems adoption metrics
- Provide end-user support and training; documenting new and existing processes and configuring new procedures and workflows
Long Term Initiatives:
- Own and improve the pre-sales and post-sales roadmap of operational improvements
- Help define measurable goals on pre-sales and post-sales business processes, such as MQL-to-SQL qualification, lead-to-BDR, days-to-launch, revenue realization, and system adoption metrics
- Integrate business processes between marketing, business development, sales, and customer success to ensure a seamless customer journey and world-class customer experience
- Own the relationship with our business stakeholders across the pre-sales and post-sales funnel
- Recommend and drive impactful programs that elevate Twilio’s pre-sales and post-sales funnel to deliver business outcomes and help our stakeholders exceed their goals
- Evolve our pre-sales and post-sales business processes to the degree of operational excellence expected in any large B2B enterprise with a global and scaling GTM team
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
The mission of this team is to ensure a robust and scalable infrastructure for Twilio’s Pre-Sales and Post-Sales ecosystem. We will work with stakeholders across the GTM organization to ensure proper operations and infrastructure are in place to support our overarching business needs and strategic initiatives. This includes supporting overall process improvements, optimization of current tools, and systems implementation by collaborating with Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Customer Success, Customer Support, and Customer Experience etc. functions. We will also identify current process gaps, and help drive road maps to bridge those gaps.
There is a lot of opportunity for better process design across pre-sales and post-sales teams. Today, the teams rely on different business processes and tech stacks to operate. This leads to disconnected GTM stakeholders, not only in terms of operational inefficiencies but also data gaps, which ultimately impacts the customer experience. One of Twilio’s values is to be customer centric and to wear the customers’ shoes; this function will help drive that through improving business processes and deliver measurable operational efficiencies across our GTM organization.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.