Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Want to work on the cutting edge of real-time communications? Interested in helping customers reinvent and disrupt the $1.8 trillion communications industry?
Twilio is looking for a talented and experienced product leader to set the vision and guide the development of Twilio's Media Recordings services which is a core part of the value proposition of Twilio's Programmable Voice & Video Platform. Twilio Programmable Voice & Video powers applications as diverse as contact centers like Zendesk Talk and Twilio Flex, healthcare applications like Doctor on Demand, in-app VoIP in mobile apps like Uber, and thousands of others.
The right person for this role:
- Is obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experience on the planet, showing proven success in ownership, bias for action, and thinking big.
- Exhibits excellent judgment, prioritizing between existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence.
- Is a strong business owner, comfortable sharing their vision with senior leadership, but also working closely with engineering teams to dive deep into details to make ideas into reality.
- Has been a software engineer with a strong technical background and can relate to engineers and grasp the technical details and architectural challenges developers face building the product.
- Understands the architecture and engineering dynamics of cloud based services
- Understands programming fundamentals and isn't afraid to write code – you'll be drafting mock REST and client-side APIs, and occasionally building simple demo applications to share your product's capabilities and your vision for its future.
- Bonus points: Understanding of how contact centers function or first hand experience working with contact centers.
- Bonus points: Has first-hand experience with media streaming and/or communications technologies such as SIP, RTP and WebRTC.
- Own the long-term product vision for Media Recordings.
- Discover opportunities and solutions by gathering feedback from customers and prospects, iterating on API mocks and UI wireframes, whiteboarding technical implementations.
- Work with your team to evolve existing services and define new ones, prioritize their features, and craft their user experience.
- Represent your product roadmap and business metrics to Twilio’s technology executives, customers, and to product teams across the company.
- Engage with our largest customers, other product managers, and cross-functional teams to design, deliver, and support solutions that make our customers successful.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. The Programmable Voice & Video platform reaches more than two million developers globally.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at Paseo de la Castellana, 77 in Madrid. You will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.