Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a strong leader with the capability to innovate, support, and manage HR Operations, Analytics, and HR systems (Workday) to support a growth culture that empowers Twilions in their work. This is a great role for someone with strong HR operations background and a desire and passion for building. Our current amazing leader is taking on a new role for the broader Twilio organization and has been building out world class people processes. You will have an opportunity to continue that building process and evolve/mature what we do today. You’ll impact how we support our employees and the employee experience for all Twilions through easy access to information, proactive analytics that allow us to understand and enhance our ability to drive solutions to trends and opportunities, and ensuring that we’re able to provide the support needed for our employees around the globe. You and your team will support a strong People Leadership team with the tools and metrics to provide efficiencies for the HR Business Partners and data for HR and leadership effectiveness.
You have a deep background in human resources, with emphasis in operational excellence, project management, change management, process improvement and HR analytics; HRIS; policy administration; HR compliance; and delivering on a wide range of HR initiatives across an organization. Your experience reflects increasing responsibility in your role, working in a multi-national setting, and supporting a globally distributed workforce.
You also have:
- Experience establishing HR processes and infrastructure in a high-growth organization, preferably in a high-tech industry.Driven leader with broad knowledge across HR operations, analytics, and the strategic management of Workday and other HR systems
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis, standards development, HR metrics, and reporting, excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, deductive/inductive reasoning, and analytical skills, coupled with significant business and financial acumen
- Ability to coordinate and project manage complex cross-functional initiatives given multiple competing priorities or perspectives
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including executive level presentation skills with the ability to represent the People Team on cross functional projects and make recommendations to key executives.
- Experience in the implementation and use of Workday and the full Google Office Suite
- Collaborative HR Partner with the ability to work with the business and People Leadership Team to develop the most effective and professional delivery of these functions
You’ll lead the Center of Excellence for HR Operations, successfully developing and enhancing the processes for an effective People Operations organization, delivering world class service to Twilions. Some details:
- Direct, coordinate, and advise HR Ops-related activities, leveraging technology and automation to grow with scale
- Identify and create HR process/procedural changes needed to achieve operational excellence. Collaboratively drive the formulation of corporate-wide HR policies, procedures, systems, and initiatives by recommending changes, process improvement, and change management techniques to ensure managers and employees are equipped to meet the organization’s business goals and mission
- Understand business needs and create processes, policies, and workflows that are compliant, efficient, scale, and reflect Twilio Magic.
- Serve as main HR compliance lead, ensuring compliance is woven into everyday operations.
- Set direction and priorities for the HR Technology roadmap, in conjunction with the Sr. Manager of HR Technology. Coordinate HR and IT teams for updates and upgrades to products and systems and, when necessary, issue resolution
- Helps ensure system workforce dashboard metrics and analytics meet the needs of the organization. Interprets workforce analytics and prepares dashboards in support of the HR leadership team
The People Team is on a mission to hire the very best and to support a high-growth culture. You will have an impact on how we support our employees with the information for payroll, benefits, leaves of absence, and their experience working at Twilio. You and your team will support a strong People Leadership team with the tools and metrics to provide efficiencies for the HR Business Partners and data for HR leadership.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. With our high growth, you’ll have the opportunity to stretch and grow as we stretch and grow and can have a significant impact on our entire workforce. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 101 Spear Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate and enhance our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.