Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Software Engineer for the Voice and Video SDKs team, which enables developers to build rich WebRTC-based media experiences. The SDKs you build will have the audience of 2M+ developers building with Twilio. These SDKs power millions of conversations between users across the globe, on endpoints spanning all the modern browsers and mobile platforms.
- You are an experienced Android developer, passionate about building quality software
- You are an Android expert with experience in writing mobile applications and libraries
- You are a champion of automated build and test pipelines and test-driven development
- You are excited about the power of WebRTC and the future of real-time communications
- You have a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 3+ years of experience with software development lifecycle and processes
- You are passionate. Persistent. Creative. You get things done.
Success in this role will mean:
- Leveraging your skills in Java, C++, the Android NDK, and the Android SDK to solve problems end-to-end
- Owning the design and development of significant new features end-to-end
- Keeping up-to-date with the Android ecosystem, and evolving our SDKs accordingly
- Advancing your expertise in WebRTC and signaling protocols
- Striving to continuously improve your team's standards and development best practices
- Shipping high quality code, with predictable velocity, on a regular cadence
- Working with Engineering and Product Management to influence the roadmap and charting technical work plans
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Join us!
This will be a remote position located in or near Denver, Colorado. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.