Because you belong at Twilio
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an International Messaging Specialist to join our Super Network team. This role will be responsible for meeting set revenue and margin targets by optimising routing and procurement decisions within Twilio’s strategic, wholesale and OTT customer base. This candidate brings a network of contacts from the global A2P messaging industry of carriers/operators, SMS aggregators as well as experience working with OTT customers. Reporting within the International Messaging Specialist Team, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s SMS growth strategy within the Super Network.
We are seeking a commercially astute individual to identify new routing opportunities for A2P and OTT SMS revenue and margin growth.
- You have at least 5 years of telecom experience with in-depth knowledge of global telecom regulations and international A2P SMS market rates.
- Minimum Bsc Degree
- You are a self starter with a skill for driving cross department projects who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance - be an owner.
- You have hands on routing experience and the ability to make routing decisions to optimise revenue and margin to hit monthly financial targets.
- Ideally, you have a combination of some SMS sales, routing and procurement experience.
- You have strong financial reporting and forecasting skills of key metrics: volumes, revenues, margins and conversion rate trends on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- You have an analytical mindset with strong Excel and SQL skills with ability to manipulate large data to maximize conversion rates and financial outcomes.
- Team lead and financial experience advantageous.
As an International Messaging Specialist you will:
- Be an integral part of a small but highly impactful team of international SMS experts within Twilio's Super Network team managing a portfolio of strategic, wholesale and OTT accounts.
- You’ll have responsibility for consistently growing volumes, revenues and margins within your customer base.
- In this hands-on role you will actively use your routing knowledge and procurement contacts to maximise routing options to grow revenue and margins for Twilio while maintaining the right quality for our customers.
- In addition, you'll own international SMS bid and quote processes for large OTT customers while working closely with operations analysts to spot trends and predict future customer behavior and gain insight into traffic patterns and conversion rates.
- You will own projects and work cross departmentally with an array of internal teams including finance, legal, carrier relations, messaging operations and sales.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is located in our Singapore office. You'll enjoy our office perks: breakfast, snacks,ergonomic desks, bi-weekly All Hands with our CEO and more. You'll also get a company that believes in leveraging small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded and diverse talent to ensure perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.