Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Robocalls are skyrocketing and 70% of consumers don’t answer a call if the caller’s number is anonymous. Twilio’s Trusted Communications team is on a mission to make sure that millions of consumers have the information needed to decide whether to answer the phone or not. Our product, Verified By Twilio, is just the first phase of a broader initiative to build greater trust in traditional communications.
Twilio is looking for exceptional full stack software engineers who meet the following requirements.
- 3+ years in designing, developing, delivering, and scaling modern web applications.
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one server side programming language (Java, Go, Python, Ruby, Scala, ...)
- Demonstrated expertise working with at least one modern Front-End framework (React + Redux/MobX, AngularJS, ...)
- Basic Linux command line skills.
- Direct experience working with agile processes, continuous integration, and tests automation.
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good development practices with the community.
Bonus Points for:
- Go, ReactJS knowledge.
- Experience working with container-based applications.
- Expertise in AWS (Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB).
- Experience working with MongoDB and next generation distributed data stores.
As a Full Stack Engineer at Twilio, you can expect to fill your days by:
- Building APIs for the Verified by Twilio product
- Enhancing our KYC framework frontend and backend
- Ensuring a reliable system that matches our SLAs to maintain our customers’ trust in us while fighting security threats
- Mentoring junior developers and the team in general.
At Twilio, fostering greater trust in communications is one of our top priorities. Our team plays an integral role in stopping unwanted calls and phone scams, while ensuring that consumers continue to receive wanted calls. For that purpose, we’re also creating a KYC repository to store verified information of businesses that will populate the phone screens as calls come in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: free lunch, snacks, beer and cold brew on tap, ergonomic desks, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore, Sydney, and Tallinn.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.