Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Robocalls are skyrocketing and 70% of consumers don’t answer a call if the caller’s number is anonymous. Twilio’s Trusted Communications team is on a mission to make sure that millions of consumers have the information needed to decide whether to answer the phone or not. Our product, Verified By Twilio, is just the first phase of a broader initiative to build greater trust in traditional communications.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional technical lead who meet the following requirements.
- Experience: 5-7 years min, developing and operating mission critical production systems with 99.99% or better availability and 50 reqs/sec or more load.
- Proven track record complying with service SLAs and effectively handling events such as incidents.
- Ability to independently design and implement complex distributed systems with stringent concurrency and performance requirements
- Solid hands-on devops knowledge, including designing and supervising the implementation of CI/CD pipelines
- Expertise in client server and microservice architectures
- Strong understanding of design patterns and algorithms and data structures, such as connection pools, DB indices, etc.
- Proven ability to lead in a distributed team environment and influence technical decisions at all levels, from developers to senior management
- Uncanny ability to rapidly and effectively diagnose issues through structured thinking, leveraging an ample experience of similar events
- History of walking in the customer’s shoes
- Be a real owner from the perspective of customers, teams and systems
- Fluent written and spoken English
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working with container-based applications.
- Expertise in AWS (Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB).
- Experience working with NoSQL distributed data stores like MongoDB.
- Experience working in/with Scrum teams
As a Tech Lead at Twilio, you can expect to fill your days by:
- Building APIs for the Verified by Twilio product
- Enhancing our KYC framework frontend and backend
- Ensuring a reliable system that matches our SLAs to maintain our customers’ trust in us while fighting security threats
- Mentoring junior developers and the team in general.
At Twilio, fostering greater trust in communications is one of our top priorities. Our team plays an integral role in stopping unwanted calls and phone scams, while ensuring that consumers continue to receive wanted calls. For that purpose, we’re also creating a KYC repository to store verified information of businesses that will populate the phone screens as calls come in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in Bogotá, Colombia. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, BBQs, gym stipend, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.