Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join Twilio’s Customer Experience team to focus on the end-to-end customer experience and envision how to make every encounter as frictionless as possible. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the company to discover, define, and design experiences that extend into touchpoints beyond the core UI and consider the experience of other user touchpoints and channels. The ideal candidate will be able to think holistically about design across complex architecture, and take a human-centered approach with a systems-level mindset to design, build and iterate engaging enterprise interfaces that scale with large data sets while maintaining simplicity.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer with:
- Successful engagements with multiple software or SaaS products from ideation through GA/launch
- Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles.
- Passion for talking with customers, and championing user needs.
- Comfortable with both high-level vision and detail-focused execution with potentially ambiguous and changing product requirements.
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative research including usability testing, analytics, funnels, and A/B testing.
- Good communication and organization skills, and advocacy for design methodologies and processes.
- Solid ability to present work, explain your point of view, and incorporate feedback gracefully.
- Understand and able to work within technical constraints, business requirements and tight deadlines.
- Fluency in current software development tooling and production environments including Sketch, Abstract, InVision, and JIRA.
- Possess a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development.
- Service design experience a plus.
As a Designer on the Customer Experience team, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating on customer journey maps for our enterprise segment. These will be used to align cross-functional teams from Sales, Customer Support & Service and R&D.
- Owning and advancing design for Customer Experience and Customer Support & Service products. This ranges from driving strategic CX initiatives through the creation of concept prototypes to the detail design and specification of interfaces, components, and tools.
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams across the company to design new products and improve existing ones. You will be an advocate of design thinking methodologies across functional teams.
- Immersing yourself in ongoing Twilio user experience research led by the CX team (including NPS, CSat surveys), customer data from Customer Service & Support, and developing new instruments to test and learn about our customers
- Distill complex technical requirements into intuitive user interfaces.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to build efficient interface solutions within technical & time constraints.
- Collaborate with other Product Designers and participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products.
- Engage with our enterprise and developer community to understand their needs and design products and workflows to unlock their potential.
- Regularly use, improve, and contribute to Twilio’s Console Design System.
- Present designs to stakeholders at various stages throughout the design process.
The Customer Experience team enables the Voice of the Customer to inform every element of Twilio’s decision-making. Through ongoing research, we identify opportunities to make the experience more seamless, intuitive, and productive for the customer. The CX team will deliver UI, systems, and infrastructure to support this goal. Initially, the team is focusing on the enterprise post-launch customer experience, including defining personas, and then creating solutions to help meet their needs.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Product Design team plays a critical role in designing the experience that allow our developer community to meet their communication needs. As a Product Designer at Twilio, you will be a part of a growing and diverse group of designers, helping to build and shape our design culture and principles.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.