Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio SendGrid serves hundreds of thousands of diverse customers across our product suite, from tiny businesses to large enterprises, by delivering over 50 billion email messages and generating several hundred billion telemetry events per month. The Platform Infrastructure teams develop and support the engineering environments that make operating one of the world’s largest scale messaging products possible. We’re looking for a talented and experienced Product Manager to lead our Platform Infrastructure program and build a production environment that can scale to meet our customers’ and our engineering teams’ needs.
We are looking for a Product Manager who is familiar with the way software is built.
- You have 2+ years of experience in Product Management, ideally with past experience in operations or devops. A computer science background, and familiarity with AWS are a major plus.
- You are passionate about working at world-scale, and bring with you a focus on efficiency, reliability, and accessibility of services.
- Customer Focused – You seek deep understanding of your customers and are adept at identifying their problems and arriving at elegant solutions to those problems.
- Analytical - You understand that there is no silver bullet to efficient operations and that successful outcomes result from a data-driven culture of constant optimization.
- Never Settling – You are comfortable serving as a product manager within an Agile environment. You are technical enough to convey problem statements to engineering with credibility and conviction. You are “hungry” and drive highly productive outcomes across the teams you lead. You are meticulous, with strong attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple initiatives to execution.
- Cross-functional Leader – You pull the right levers cross-functionally to get your initiatives launched and supported. You communicate clearly and crisply and can help educate the company on the nuances of dev environments. You develop trusting relationships internally and can rally the entire organization to ensure your initiatives result in intended business outcomes.
As the Platform Infrastructure Product Manager you will
- Live by and champion our Twilio Magic cultural values.
- Understand the problems of your target users through interviews, usage data, support tickets, and other sources to validate the most compelling solutions.
- Champion a customer-first and metrics-driven approach to product management.
- Lead teams from initial evaluation of ideas through the product development process to deliver experiences that our customers love and value.
- Develop, prioritize, and communicate the opportunity backlog for your programs.
- Partner with engineering leads to deliver projects via an Agile development process.
- Communicate your projects internally to diverse cross-company product teams.
The Platform Infrastructure team is central to Twilio SendGrid’s continued growth. We work closely with all other teams that build products in our hybrid cloud and data center environment. We define the company strategy of utilizing the strengths of each environment to maximum value and efficiency. We help teams leverage the data that their products, features, and services generate on a daily basis. We also ensure that our customer support teams have the tools they need to effectively support our customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California St in Denver, Colorado. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.